Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
Adding multiple books missed metadata 4.131

Windows Vista, Calibre 0.4.131.

When I add multiple books (mobi format), either by selecting multiple titles on the single directory option or when I add from multiple directories, the titles don't always include all metadata.

If I add the same titles individually, it works as expected.

No error messages during the add.

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited by Bob Butler; 01-27-2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: clarified format of added books
Bob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm is it always the same book? In ither words if you select

book1, book2, book3 and book2's metadatada is not read and then if you select book2,book4,book5 is it book2 again or some other book?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
It turns out I had one file in the directory that was DRM'd. And this time, starting with a fresh library, I got an error message (below)

Without the DRM'd file, all the files added successfully into a new library.

Here's the error when the directory included a .prc with DRM:

[Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: u'C:\\calibre\\library\\Unknown\\\xd0\x12\xdd\xe0I \xec\xc1i\x1e\xd5\u2019g\x14\xcc\xb9\x03\xe2\xe8\x cc\xc9f0E_p\xca\xcc\x01h\xa5T\u203a (8)'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 636, in add_recursive_multiple
File "main.py", line 608, in add_recursive
File "calibre\library\database.pyo", line 1567, in recursive_import
File "calibre\library\database.pyo", line 1520, in import_book_directory_multiple
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 1168, in import_book
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 515, in set_path
File "os.pyo", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: u'C:\\calibre\\library\\Unknown\\\xd0\x12\xdd\xe0I \xec\xc1i\x1e\xd5\u2019g\x14\xcc\xb9\x03\xe2\xe8\x cc\xc9f0E_p\xca\xcc\x01h\xa5T\u203a (8)'
Bob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Will be fixed in next release
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote