Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
maze
maze began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Lightbulb dynamic content manipulation

Hi there,

I'm just new with the topic of epub and ebook publishing but I was asking myself, if its possible to change a page dynamically during reading.

Example:
Page 1 has a button implemented. (to change the color of an rectangle)
Page 2 has the rectangle implemented.
Would it be possible to change the rectangle color on Page 2 by pressing the button on page 1 or is it
impossible because of the ebook reader loading/rendering every page when a page is flipped?

thanks for any advice.
maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
If you're willing to limit yourself to only a small percentage of readers, then EPUB 3 readers support scripting; most readers, however, don't support any scripting.

Within that narrow context, as long as pages 1 and 2 fall within the same HTML file, I would expect it to work. Be aware, however, that the contents of page 2 would likely go back to their initial state when the user changes chapters.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
dynamic content