Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
elleryq
elleryq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Question New 'Get books' dialog

I found there are 2 new fields in 'Get books' dialog.
In src/calibre/gui2/store/search/search.py, do_search() will join these fields to generate query string.
And then use self.results_view.model().set_query(query) to apply criteria to view.

My question is, if I type 'UML' in title field then search, it will find nothing whatever use Amazon or Google books as the store.
But if I type 'UML' in keyword field then search, it will return results.
I don't understand what is the difference. I guess that set_query() do something.

Does anyone know this?
elleryq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
keywords will search all metadata of the book, title will search only the title.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
elleryq

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
keywords will search all metadata of the book, title will search only the title.
If I enter keywords in 'title' and 'keyword', I found the actual query string will be title+keyword. The store plugin return results, after self.results_view.model().set_query(query), the results become empty.

Why?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because searching by title filters results to only contain those books whose title has the searched for terms. Use the source, Luke.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #5
elleryq

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Because searching by title filters results to only contain those books whose title has the searched for terms. Use the source, Luke.
Thanks for your reply.
Advert