Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Customizing Catalog Sections

Hi:

I am very new to using catalogs in the mobi format, as in I just started 10 minutes ago and I have a couple of questions:

1. How do I customize the sections so that they each have a title of which section it is? For example I am using the Books by Title, Series and Genre sections. I would like to be able to know at the beginning of the section which section it actually is.
2. Is there some way to create a template of the particular sections you would like to use for different catalogs of the same format? It seems it will overwrite the settings each time you want to create a new catalog, should this be added as a feature enhancement?

I know I am new to this section but many kudos to the developer(s) of this feature, it appears to be awesome and something I will enjoy using, as soon as I figure out what I am doing. Previously I only used catalogs to create a csv file for my main book catalog program but this mobi format seems like a better way to create a catalog for my kindle so that I can read descriptions when trying to find the next book to read.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
1. How do I customize the sections so that they each have a title of which section it is? For example I am using the Books by Title, Series and Genre sections. I would like to be able to know at the beginning of the section which section it actually is.
If you have specified Kindle as the Output profile in Preferences|Conversion|Common Options|Page Setup, and selected MOBI as the catalog format in the Catalog dialog, the catalog will be generated in Kindle periodical format. The individual section titles are visible at the beginning of each section, as well as in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.

If that's not what you're seeing, create a ticket and attach both the debug log and the generated MOBI catalog to the ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
2. Is there some way to create a template of the particular sections you would like to use for different catalogs of the same format? It seems it will overwrite the settings each time you want to create a new catalog, should this be added as a feature enhancement?
Other than customizing the output as described in the sticky, there's no way to manage multiple custom templates.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Thanks for your reply, I was hoping to be able to save templates but I guess I will have to live without it.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote