Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #61
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Never mind, I figured it out.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
So, how does one tag a thread?
one clicks on "edit tags" on the right of the tag bar, and one adds them with commas (",") to separate them (otherwise one creates one huge MEGA TAG which doesn't really help anyone).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Never mind, I figured it out.
oh fine. well maybe some other clueless would-be tagger will benefit from my dropped knowledge.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #64
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I'm feeling a bit of deja vu....remember how much trouble I had getting people for the Atlanta meetup? I resorted to searching for people who self-reported their location and leaving messages on user profiles.

And they don't know what they're missing.

Dreamer
i confirm.

maybe there aren't any MRs in chicago. there are so many in texas, after all, that they might have upset the delicate balance of the universe, and the universe picked chicago to restore it by.

those texans, you just know they're plotting *something*...
Old 11-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #65
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i confirm.

maybe there aren't any MRs in chicago. there are so many in texas, after all, that they might have upset the delicate balance of the universe, and the universe picked chicago to restore it by.

those texans, you just know they're plotting *something*...
Texans? Plotting something?? Er (as in Chicago-er), excuse me, my Queen, but just how many meet-ups have you had in Paris to date? I'm sure it's associated with a plot of some kind. Probably to take over the world (word?) as we know it (them).

Last edited by vivaldirules; 11-10-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: I need to add a tag just for chthulhu (or however the hell you spell his name): Chicagoerrrrr
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #66
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Texans? Plotting something?? Er (as in Chicago-er), excuse me, my Queen, but just how many meet-ups have you had in Paris to date? I'm sure it's associated with a plot of some kind. Probably to take over the world (word?) as we know it (them).
there is no global quota for meetups, silly dog. (by the way : next paris meetup is planned for the end of january. mar(k)(c) your calendars !) however if there is *not* a quota for texans then someone has been sleeping on the job*, and since the texans have clearly exceeded this quota, perhaps chicago has to pay. i have no comment on the alleged parisian plot to take over the wor(l)d.

*no offense meant to our fine upstanding texan contingent. y'all know i loves ya. i just think it's sketchy there are so many of you, comparatively speaking.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #67
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Descartes Coffee on Michigan? Perhaps?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #68
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
heh. that reminds me of a joke made by a character in a book by Raymond Queneau (i can't remember which one now... i think it was in Le Chiendent). "pourquoi tous les garçons de café s'appellent-t-ils "Descartes" ?" or something. heheheh. (well... it's funnier in context).

now see, if Raymond Queneau's books were available in digital form, i could have done a quick search and quoted the the relevant text exactly.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #69
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
heh. that reminds me of a joke made by a character in a book by Raymond Queneau (i can't remember which one now... i think it was in Le Chiendent). "pourquoi tous les garçons de café s'appellent-t-ils "Descartes" ?" or something. heheheh. (well... it's funnier in context).

now see, if Raymond Queneau's books were available in digital form, i could have done a quick search and quoted the the relevant text exactly.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #70
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #71
zelda_pinwheel

ha. found the citation online : "On se demande pourquoi, dans les cafes, les joueurs appellent si souvent le garcon Descartes?"
Old 11-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #72
pshrynk

Wow. That's even more funny!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #73
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Wow. That's even more funny!
i know ! right ? that Queneau. he was a genius.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #74
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Why is that funny?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #75
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I'd love to go there. A rivetting place, I'm sure. Jean-Paul Sartre is seated amongst the Chicagoers, revising his draft of Being and Nothingness. He says to the waitress, "I'd like a cup of coffee, please, with no cream." The waitress replies, "I'm sorry, sir, but we're out of cream. How about with no milk?"
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10-w-40, blue one next to the fish, can you spare a dime?, chicago, chicagoerrrrr, destitute, he's so pitiful, lonely android, meet-up, meetup, spare change, subverting the system, wd40