Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
dtenenbo
dtenenbo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Turn Off Completely Hack Needed

I would like the off button to turn the reader off completely. Is there a hack for this? Thank you!

_D
dtenenbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
Yes there is. I purposely didn't include it in Hack Builder because it's slightly dangerous to remap that button. I have my own reader modified in the same way.

In applicationStart.xml change:
Code:
<boolean key="kSuspend" do="doSuspend"/>
to:
Code:
<boolean key="kSuspend" do="doQuit"/>
I warn you, however. Don't change it to anything else unless you're not afraid of temporarily bricking your reader.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
inflrc
Member Retired
inflrc began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I would like to know if it is possible to have the suspend and the Quit configured at the same time.
Perhaps the Quit in the Off button and the Suspend in other (perphaps the Mark button)

I would like two have the posibility to have the suspend and the Quit in my PRS-500
inflrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
would love this but I'm chicken to mess with it
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
I've got the shut down function mapped to "press and hold" on the volume-down key. Not too hard to get to, but not too easy to hit accidentally.

Cheers,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
lionfish
Connoisseur
lionfish doesn't litterlionfish doesn't litter

Device: E-Book Reader
This functions sounds promising.

If I change doSuspend to doQuit, when I turn on the reader again, will it resume to the last page read.

If not, how can I force the reader to the last page read?
lionfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Nope, it won't. What will happen is it will take the time to do a full power back up and end up at the main menu.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
lionfish
Connoisseur
lionfish doesn't litterlionfish doesn't litter

Device: E-Book Reader
I have hacked mine. Now, I will test if it will really save power with complete power off at my sleep time (8 hrs everyday), i.e. whether it is justified to fully switch off 8 hrs against a reboot.
lionfish is offline   Reply With Quote