Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
Uke
Uke began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Just moved to this subforum: problems converting to LRF

Hello, everyone!

I posted this before, but it was moved to the 'Devices' subforum, which I think doesn't quite suit (at least, I didn't get a solution there).

The problem is that, when using Calibre to convert other book formats to LRF, I get wider top and bottom margins. However, books in other formats (EPUB, RTF), and pre-formatted LRF books, doesn't show this flaw.

We use two Sony Readers at home (PRS-600 and PRS-300). So I convert each book according to the device on which it will be read, selecting the output device and letting everything else as default. But the wider top and bottom margins show in both devices.

I tried to trim the default margins to 0.0 at top and bottom, but to no avail (though those margins actually get a bit narrower).

I would like to know if anyone had experienced this. If that's the case, is it a Calibre thing or can it be worked around through settings?

In the 'Devices' subforum, Manichean and itimpi kindly suggested me to use EPUB instead of LRF, since this is now unsupported by Sony. But, as I pointed them out, EPUB in both PRS-300 and PRS-600 doesn't show justified text, which is a feature I like. Both models date back to the times when Sony supported primarily LRF, and actually perform better at this format (though PRS-600 is pretty good at RTF too).

Thanks for your advice!
Uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
The thread in question is this one. I moved that to the devices forum since it seems to me to be more of a device issue, not a conversion issue. Also, there's no need to crosspost, your previous thread has been viewed 83 times at the time of this post, if none of the people seeing that post had any other idea, it's unlikely they will now.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
Uke
Uke began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
The thread in question is this one. I moved that to the devices forum since it seems to me to be more of a device issue, not a conversion issue. Also, there's no need to crosspost, your previous thread has been viewed 83 times at the time of this post, if none of the people seeing that post had any other idea, it's unlikely they will now.
Sorry, just a last shot before giving up! And, actually, I'm not so sure whether it's a device's issue, since I noticed that those wider margins are also noticeable in the Calibre's viewer tool.

It begins to look as a lost cause, but thanks anyway, Manichean!
Uke is offline   Reply With Quote