Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
Turner
Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: none
Cold Fusion 2000 (Literary Fiction Novel)

Blurb:
"Alex Kavanagh is the best!

Problem is, he's the best at being a pedantic physics-obsessed geek. He's a teacher who hates teaching; a lover who's just been dumped (again); a writer whose articles all get rejected; an adult who still lives at home and gets bullied at the bus stop by teenagers; and he's just had the worst day of his life. So far, so bad. Things can only get better, right?

While drowning his sorrows he sees an ex from six years ago, Lucy Spiers. The point when Lucy dumped him for his best friend was the point when his life started to go nuclear. He can't help himself: he tells her exactly what he thinks of her.

So it comes as a surprise when they go on a date. He didn't expect a spark to be reignited. Couldn't foresee the power of magnetism. He hadn't realised that he still loved her.

Holy protons, he hopes she's changed.

And – oh boy! – she's changed all right. For a start, she's actually Lucy's twin sister, Jane – someone prone to misguided acts of kindness, strange visions, and keeping secrets. Someone who knows she'll leave Alex's life forever in three days. As lies pile up Jane wonders if she can avoid breaking Alex's heart like her sister did.

Cold Fusion is a story wrapped around an enigma. It's a novel about making peace with the past and moving on, set in Manchester in the year 2000. It's time for change."

Details of the novel and purchase links can be found here http://karldrinkwater.blogspot.com/p...sion-2000.html

I have also generated a coupon for Smashwords making my novel free for mobileread readers until Monday.

The book can be found at: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/263223
Coupon Code: AW94C

If you make use of the code and like the novel I would be extremely grateful if you could post a review or rate it. It seems to be difficult to get started without at least a few good (and genuine) reviews! Or maybe even buy a copy for a friend!

Many thanks and happy reading,
Karl Drinkwater
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Thanks.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
Turner
Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.

No problem Crich, hope you enjoy it!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Thanks Karl! Got it.

Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
Turner

Pablo and Crich - I see that you both picked up 'Turner' in a giveaway too, I hope you enjoyed that, though this is quite a different type of novel! Karl
Old 01-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner View Post
Pablo and Crich - I see that you both picked up 'Turner' in a giveaway too, I hope you enjoyed that, though this is quite a different type of novel! Karl
True! I liked Turner and that was the reason to pick this up. I am always in the lookout for new authors.

Thanks again.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #7
Turner

Hi Pablo, I'm glad you liked Turner! Now, if I could twist your arm to do a rating or review on something like Goodreads/Smashwords/Amazon it would make my day... The hardest thing with being an unknown is that people only seem to take a chance on you if you have good ratings/reviews, and you only get those after people take a chance on you... A vicious circle!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
Pablo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner View Post
Hi Pablo, I'm glad you liked Turner! Now, if I could twist your arm to do a rating or review on something like Goodreads/Smashwords/Amazon it would make my day... The hardest thing with being an unknown is that people only seem to take a chance on you if you have good ratings/reviews, and you only get those after people take a chance on you... A vicious circle!
Karl: I would love to write a review, but english is not my first language. Although I feel confident enough to post here, or write a technical manual or tutorial, I don't think I have the vocabulary needed for writing a review. And a poorly written review could do more harm than good.

When I have the chance, I recommend the books I like in this forum. And of course, when I like an author, I start buying his/her books in Smashwords.

Since I got my reader, I started expanding my reading with new, self-published authors. The problem, as you point out, is how to decide on an author when there are thousands of them around. What I do is rely on recommendations from people I meet here who share some of my likes. And a well written, engaging blurb is more important to me than a few reviews from unknown people.

I think self-promotion, like you are doing, is the way to go.

Sorry to disappoint you...