Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #31
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
http://dx.com/p/7-0-resistive-touch-...9-79mhz-107155

You said "cheap", not "good". :-)

Actually... this one doesn't look too bad in their video, but it's possible that it's actually junk in real usage. Haven't seen any real reviews:

http://dx.com/p/9-7-ips-capacitive-s...th-hdmi-128474
I'll take the second one... with a grain of salt. That's in a very good price range! (Actually still slowly shopping. It'll be a while.)
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #32
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Question

Do Tapatalk users get notifications of private messages being sent?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #33
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't gotten a PM since I've been using Tapatalk on my phone. Send me one and I'll let you know. :-)
Old 08-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #34
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I haven't gotten a PM since I've been using Tapatalk on my phone. Send me one and I'll let you know. :-)
PM sent.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #35
copyrite
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
PM sent.
And received with notification.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #36
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yep, it's a feature that you need to enable in your Tapatalk client. We do support it.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #37
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Thanks so much for tapatalk support. Browsing the forum on my iPad mini is excellent with the app since I can increase the font size and it reflows, much better experience than zooming with Safari.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #38
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I bought Tapatalk a few days ago when it went on sale for 99 cents. It's OK, but one thing that bothers me is that it doesn't work well with my normal forum usage. I always go to the UserCP first and see who has commented on a thread that I've commented on. Once I get tired of those threads I unsubscribe from them, so the UserCP always has the most relevant stuff... then I go exploring the new posts.

Problem is, there's no equivalent to UserCP in TapaTalk. They have a participated tab, but it doesn't take into account the fact that I've unsubscribed from some conversations.

Is there something that I'm missing?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #39
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
They had a sale and i missed it? I have the base install, but the different themed versions are separate purchases.

If you only want to see your subscribed threads, hit up the favorites tab.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #40
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
If you only want to see your subscribed threads, hit up the favorites tab.
I tried favorites, though it wasn't a tab: I clicked "More ...", then favorites. It then shows me my subscribed threads, which is nice, but now it shows all of them, not just the ones with unread messages like the UserCP does. Am I missing something?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #41
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I have all my subscribed threads under participated, I only have problem with one thread that I unsubscribed that still appears there in bold when new messages are added, but I don't get any notifications on that thread.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #42
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I tried favorites, though it wasn't a tab: I clicked "More ...", then favorites. It then shows me my subscribed threads, which is nice, but now it shows all of them, not just the ones with unread messages like the UserCP does. Am I missing something?
Favorites shows all your subscribed threads, same as if you clicked on Quick Links then Subscribed Threads on the forum. The threads with unread posts have the number of posts shaded in and the little red alert above the Favorites icon (or the number next to it {depends on the device})shows how many threads there are with unread posts.

I didn't know the app was on sale, but I did buy it for only $0.99 a couple of days ago.

Last edited by Synamon; 11-05-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #43
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Favorites shows all your subscribed threads, same as if you clicked on Quick Links then Subscribed Threads on the forum. The threads with unread posts have the number of posts shaded in and the little red alert above the Favorites icon (or the number next to it {depends on the device})shows how many threads there are with unread posts.

I didn't know the app was on sale, but I did buy it for only $0.99 a couple of days ago.
The iPhone version is .99 but the iPad is much higher.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #44
twowheels
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The iPhone version is .99 but the iPad is much higher.
Fine with me... the real website is just fine on the iPad. ;-)
Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #45
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Oh here, very top and center is favorites, and then it gives two "subtabs" for forums and topics. Favorite topics shows all subscribed, in chronological order of most recent post, and bold for unread. Unfortunately, can't filter out read topics. It would be nice though.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote