Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
CodeMonky
CodeMonky began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Best way to use trook (n00b)

I softrooted my nook within 24 hours of buying it. Mainly for searching and browsing.

But, now that I have trook, I think it would be great to do a lot of my rss reading on my nook, instead of google reader. Is there an easier way to configure it, than to manually enter my rss urls?

Also, I see that a lot of people are using caliber. Ive found that it doesnt like my huge collection, so I just manually add a couple of dozen books that Im reading at the time. Plus reference books. Since I have search, it doesnt seem to be an issue. Is there some secret reason I should get all my books added to caliber, and start using that?

And, finally -- document conversion. Some of my books do not display at all well on my nook. Either the font is unreadable, or it breaks up the big pages in a very strange order. I assume I can use caliber to fix this, but, I was wondering how to do it in a batch mode . . . or will it depend on the starting size of the pages?

Thanks in advance!
CodeMonky is offline   Reply With Quote