Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-07-2004, 04:44 PM   #1
tymcat
tymcat began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NX73V
Unhappy Clie NX73V, Mac and me looking for Sync-HELP

Hello World, or those who may pop in...

it started with a Palm V. One year ago I happily unpacked my first PDA, explored it and was happy to have found a thing to replace my paper-calendar, not thicker, of the same weight and it could even show me star constellations... wow! I spent hours at night on my balcony, nose towards the stars. But soon it started to drive me crazy with its "mad digitizer syndrom", de-calibrating sometimes every 20 seconds, until the display once "rolled up" like a sun-blind and I couldn't even reach the digitizer anymore and only a hard reset would help. Not wanting to invest any cent (e.g. 15$ for autodigi) into such a crap I solved the problem by linking the memo-button to the digitizer and thus I "tamed" the beast and eventually the MDS reocurred only sporadically once a week - even machines can learn!
I thought. But as you get addicted to something I wanted MORE. And the Palm V didn't sync via USB, so after a last backup from my sold PC onto my Mac I went for new horizons.
I bought my Clie NX73V two months ago, only to install a map of London (where I moved recently) and to read the news in the bus. I am very happy with Metro, the Tubemap didn't work for lack-of-memory reasons and until today I am unable to upload PDF, txt or html-files from my Mac G4 Powerbook.
I tried all the gadgets like Plucker, eReader, Picselviewer, Adobe Reader and AvantGo (also doesn't sync at all) with HotSync, mal-conduit, iSync, Missing Sync via cable or Bluetooth... no result. The reason seemed always to be different. (AvantGo has recently a Server-malfunction or so, since I signed in just three days ago, that may be the reason).
I remember that once I should install some library (the name was something like MSimport or so..) but all I found was an .exe installer. Another time I tried something, when I was told, that unfortunately .zip data cannot be unpacked on my Clie. I can't install anything from the original Clie CD since it's PC-only (PalmDesktop works), so I am about to throw the NX to the dustbin and start to use again a paper-notebook and rub the oversized newspapers to my bus-neighbours nose.
I spent weeks on solving problems... the claim is right, that computers solve problems we wouldn't have without them...
To save the life of my beloved/-hated "Tricorder": Has anyone successfully sync'ed PDFs, htmls or txt-files from the Mac and is willing to share his/her knowledge with me? ...ups, if anyone read that far... #yawn#
Cheers,
tymcat

Last edited by tymcat; 11-07-2004 at 04:53 PM. Reason: clicked too soon...
tymcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:30 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't use Mac, but I have heard only good things about Missing Sync. Perhaps someone else here can help you better.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2004, 02:40 PM   #3
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Missing Sync works well with my NX70V. Perfectly, in fact. Be sure you've got the latest version... Also if you want to sync with iCal/Address Book, be sure to install the iSync conduit. I had some problems getting that one to work, but after about half an hour of fiddling, it worked. I cannot get Plucker to automatically put PDBs on my Memory Stick, but I *think* I've figured out a workaround to make it sync automatically. Of course, I could be wrong. I'll post it if I find out it works.

But yeh, Missing Sync, works perfectly here. I assume the NX73V is very similar to the NX70V... Maybe describe your problem more?
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
welcome
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 04:41 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Tymcat. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote