Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
Lightbulb Enchanced file manager

Following our discussion on handling huge files I did some research and redesigning of default file manage.

Update for ctb only, fixed exception

Changes:
1) adding indexing on every needed query, so query will use only index for selection.
2) minimize data loaded with global queries, i.e. queries that select all files. This will reduce memory load.
3) Load thumbnails only for visible items.
4) caching visible items -> this will improve speed showing page. Cache will be deleted only on change type of view.

In my test time improvement range from 3-10 times.
This new version of file manager is based on 3-rd version of Inigo 800+ and my additions.
I did checking of this software on QEMU, and now install this on my IREX device.

Attached 3 files:
1) ctb800sq4_debug.zip - image compiled with TIMING_ON and QUERY_ON, it will show time for query on load in ctb, and it will show all queries that will be executed by dbase. (in QEMU prints go into console)
2) ctb800sq4.zip image compiled without any debug info.
3) ctb800sg4_update.zip - fixed ctb image.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ctb800sg4.zip (100.4 KB, 689 views)
File Type: zip ctb800sg4_debug.zip (93.4 KB, 701 views)
File Type: zip ctb800sg4_update.zip (47.4 KB, 648 views)

Last edited by yuri_b; 08-31-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: added ctb update
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Checked on my device IREX DR800sg, works fine, about 1400 books. indexed with thumbnails.

One problem that I found:
In settings view all items in reverse order. I should add to installer reverse order for this data base.

Sincerely
Yura
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri_b View Post
One problem that I found:
In settings view all items in reverse order. I should add to installer reverse order for this data base.
The order of the items in settings is determined by the sort_order, which is different for every item.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri_b View Post
P.S. You know DR800 and DR1000 are not so different. Interesting if this version is working in DR1000 as is?
There is a considerable difference with the dr1000-hackx version. I will be waiting for your code to integrate with dr1000-hackx.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
yuri_b
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
The order of the items in settings is determined by the sort_order, which is different for every item.
I know, I do this for directory items. The same have to be done for this items: reverse order of each item.

The source problem is: that in order to achieve my goal (using indexes) I had to change the way file viewer uses sort_order from DESC to ASC, otherwise sqlite fail to use index file.
IMHO: this is small price

Last edited by yuri_b; 07-02-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 02:30 AM   #6
yuri_b
Connoisseur

Hi

I publish a new version of "Enhanced File Manager", change only in install script.
I add to installer options to reorder items from setting directory, so now settings will be in correct order. Also now uninstall will correctly remove indexes from tables.
See first message for files.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:11 AM   #7
yuri_b
Connoisseur

Hi

Attached is sources for Mackx and Inigo,
1) Diff of ermetadb: new function to support new queries
2) Diff of ctb, based on v3 of dr800+.
3) source of reindex : add/remove indexes to data base.

Sincerely
Yura
Attached Files
File Type: zip ctb_er_diffs.zip (19.4 KB, 687 views)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
yuri_b
Connoisseur

new fixed version. only ctb update included. see first message