Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #91
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I love Audible... then again, I don't burn to CD (or DVD) much anymore, since that is (a) an unreliable process and (b) and unreliable media.
I love Audible's freebies and even occasionally buy from them, but I must admit I am partial to an audiobook service that delivers mp3s. For several years I only had a mp3 player that was not compatible with Audible. It was inconvenient (not impossible) to convert them to files I could use. Now that I use an Android tablet I can use the Audible app but I still find it better to have a universal format and manage my library my way.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #92
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I love Audible's freebies and even occasionally buy from them, but I must admit I am partial to an audiobook service that delivers mp3s. For several years I only had a mp3 player that was not compatible with Audible. It was inconvenient (not impossible) to convert them to files I could use. Now that I use an Android tablet I can use the Audible app but I still find it better to have a universal format and manage my library my way.
MP3 only would be great. Unfortunately at this point due to some publishers and authors insisting on DRM Audible or WMA are about the only choice for a lot of books.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #93
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I too prefer MP3's, but that just isn't possible for many publishers right now. I stick them on my Clip+, though, and that works for me (can move to any other authorized device, for that matter and can ignore the audible manager after the first download; if you lose a device or it breaks, easy enough to remove the authorization).

The audiobook function on the new Kindle Fire is quite nice (the browser, on the other hand, isn't, nor is the wait time to see your archive or books on the device, if you have a large archive).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #94
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I just bought The Flu (A Novel of the Outbreak) by Jacqueline Druga for free, and realized the audio book is available for $1.99

Captain Trips, anyone?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #95
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
I wanted to give this thread a bump, and include a suggestion to the generous MR-ers.

These audible books CAN be gifted for the discounted price displayed. So, if you are feeling generous, and want to give a friend a present, select one of your "whisper-synch" deals, and send to a friend for a great bargain gift!

I have sent my friend Hollowland: The Hollows and Haunted on Bourbon Street for $1.99 each.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #96
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
If you've purchased Gone Girl you can buy the companion Audible book for $4.99.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #97
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Color me Grey- free Kindle with $1.99 audible companion
http://www.amazon.com/Color-Alexis-S...247574&sr=1-49

To Kill a Warlock- Free Kindle with $1.99 audible companion
http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Fantas...248276&sr=1-39

Turned: Book 1 Vampire Chronicles- Free Kindle & $1.99 audible companion
http://www.amazon.com/Turned-Book-Va...248307&sr=1-45
Old 10-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #98
Wald07
Audiophile

Fortuna- Free Kindle book- $1.99 audible companion

http://www.amazon.com/Fortuna-ebook/...53572&sr=1-378
Old 10-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #99
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Why Have Kids? by Jessica Valenti is only $1.99 and the audiobook is also $1.99. I'm listening/reading and so far it's a good (if generalized) exploration of some of the issues modern parents face.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #100
Christyv
Enthusiast
Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: IPad 2, kindle keyboard
Moon Dance by JR Rain (vampire for Hire book 1)http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Dance-Vam...s=Vampire+moon is free and the audiobook is 1.99. The audiobook is really great.
Christyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #101
Christyv
Enthusiast
Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: IPad 2, kindle keyboard
A knight in Central Park by Theresa Ragan is 99c for kindle and 1.99 for audiobook. http://www.amazon.com/A-Knight-Centr...I3V0OIBPEFRRC6
Christyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #102
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
Not getting the 1.99 audiobook - showing10.37
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #103
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonster View Post
Not getting the 1.99 audiobook - showing10.37
Looks like that book isn't part of Whispersync for voice anymore.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible