Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #1126
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
I didn’t know about The Iron Druid Chronicles series. Thanks CWatkinsNash. I don't want to reread the Dresden files at the moment. I think I will read this series till cold days comes out
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #1127
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I would love to see a Dresden/Iron Druid crossover ^^

They would have to fudge some of the details of how magic and monsters differ between the series, but it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #1128
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
So, did read Grave Peril. Very good. I like it. Now I am on the first chapters of Summer Knight. Interesting Beginning.
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #1129
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Fan Art

Click image for larger version

Name:	dresden_files__the_chariot_by_autumnflame-d41xzez.jpg
Views:	1707
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	94544
Murphy

Name:	Harry_Dresden_Sketch_by_ReddEra.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	94545
Harry

Name:	roommates___the_dresden_files_by_captain_brushpen-d4da55l.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	94546
Harry, Mister & Mouse

Name:	harry__s_girls_painter_by_mrsinister616-d4vu500.jpg
Views:	3753
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	94547
Lasciel (Lash)
Molly Carpenter
Anastasia Luccio
Elaine Mallory
Harry Dresden
Susan Rodriguez
Karrin Murphy
Leanansidhe

Last edited by alansplace; 10-24-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #1130
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Signing Details

Quoted from jim-butcher.com.

Quote:
Oct 18, 2012

We have more details about Jim’s signing tour for Cold Days!

SEATTLE – TACOMA, WA
Tuesday, November 27, 7:00 PM PST

University Temple United Methodist Church
1415 NE 43rd St
Seattle, WA 98105
*Books sold by UNIVERSITY BOOKSTORE
(206) 634-3400 (phone)
www.bookstore.washington.edu

EVENT GUIDELINES:
This is a ticketed event. Prime tickets are $30 and include a copy of Cold Days, to be picked up at the event. General admission tickets are $5. All tickets will be available through Brownpapertickets.com starting November 1st.

For more information, visit the website.

For fans who cannot attend, the University Bookstore will be a livestreaming the event. We’ll post more details about that soon.

__________________________________________________ _____________________
LOS ANGELES, CA
Wednesday, November 28, 6:00 PM PST

MYSTERIOUS GALAXY REDONDO BEACH
2810 Artesia Blvd.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310) 542-6000 (phone)

http://www.mystgalaxy.com/

EVENT GUIDELINES:
This is a numbered event. Numbers are free with the purchase of Cold Days from Mysterious Galaxy, starting on Tuesday, November 27th at 10am. Contact the store for details.

If you are planning to attend the event, please do not place your order through the web site as all such orders are processed after the event. Instead, please call the store and purchase the book over the phone on or after Nov. 27.

More details here.

KANSAS CITY, MO
Thursday, November 29, 7:00 PM CST

Unity Temple on The Plaza
707 W 47th Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
*Books sold by RAINY DAY BOOKS
(913) 384-3126 (phone)
www.rainydaybooks.com

EVENT DETAILS:

ADMISSION PACKAGE: $27.95 plus Kansas sales tax includes one hardcover of Cold Days, one Stamped Admission Ticket, and one Guest Admission Ticket (if needed). It’s your choice, for the same price. For more details, please visit http://www.rainydaybooks.com/JimButcher.

The cut-off time for Online Ordering is 3:00 PM on the Nov. 29. Admission Packages will be available for walk-ins at the door on Nov. 29 beginning at 6:00 PM.

EVENT FORMAT: Jim Butcher will discuss his new book, Cold Days, and answer audience questions. A Booksigning follows the Presentation. A Stamped Admission Ticket is required for the signing.

CHICAGO, IL
Friday, November 30, 7:00 PM CST

BARNES & NOBLE #2622
55 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077
(847) 676-2230 (phone)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

EVENT DETAILS:
Free, numbered line tickets to establish signing line order will be distributed beginning at 9am on November 30 to customers with a copy of Cold Days and proof of purchase from Barnes & Noble. One ticket will be given per customer. One customer will be admitted to the line per ticket. Other special event rules may apply; please call 847-676-2230 for more information.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #1131
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Rats, still no European tour...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #1132
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Just realized that Cold Days and Trapped (Iron Druid Chronicles #5) both release the same day. Reading crisis! Ack!
There's a quandary I wasn't expecting. Maybe I'll alternate pages, one from Cold Days, one from Trapped, and drive myself completely insane.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #1133
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
There's a quandary I wasn't expecting. Maybe I'll alternate pages, one from Cold Days, one from Trapped, and drive myself completely insane.
I'm calling that Plan 'B'!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #1134
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Name:	Molly%27s_Mirror.jpg
Views:	1660
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	94756

Does anyone know just what this is about, looks kinda' like a book cover!? I found it here, but can't seem to find anything more when I look around?!

Wow! Small Favor was a really really fun re-reading pleasure. I loved it! i-laughed-i-cried-it-was-better-than-chocolate.

Now I'm taking a short break in The Dresden Files re-read to read a 1964 novel by Robert A. Heinlein, Farnham's Freehold, an apocalyptic and mostly post-apocalyptic tale starting in the early 60's. It's actually a re-read for me as I've previously read pretty much everything that Heinlein wrote in his career. But I don't normally call anything I read pre-Kindle a re-read and this one I read almost 50 years ago.

Anyway, after this re-read I plan to re-read The Dresden Files books 11, 12 and 13. Then I'll be ready for Cold Days.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-23-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: oops!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #1135
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Kim Harrison

Kim Harrison, author of The Hollows (Rachel Morgan) appears to be becoming a new Dresden Files Fan!!

Quoted from Goodreads:
Quote:
Kim Harrison gave to:
Storm Front by Jim Butcher
Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)
by Jim Butcher (Goodreads Author)

------------

Kim Harrison gave to:
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2)
by Jim Butcher (Goodreads Author)

Last edited by alansplace; 10-23-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: oops!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #1136
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Does anyone know just what this is about, looks kinda' like a book cover!? I found it here, but can't seem to find anything more when I look around?!
If I had to guess, I'd say it's a fan's representation of the soulgaze between Harry and Molly in Proven Guilty. Didn't he see a bunch of different versions of Molly in mirrors or windows?
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #1137
Kaylee Skylyn
Enthusiast
Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android phone, Kobo Aura, Sony PRS 350
Love the fanart! Especially "Roommates"! Heh. Where did you find them?

I thought I was further along in the series than I actually am apparently. Started "White Night" and promptly realised I missed a book somewhere. So I know I read the start of "Dead Beat" but not totally sure I finished it before having to return to the library (and then moved on to another book in the meantime)...so I've started re-reading "Dead Beat". Must say I like Mouse.
...now to figure out where exactly I was before returning it. And get all 4 I currently have signed out done before I run out of renewals.

I never seem to follow the order I have in my GoodReads To-Read list...

Last edited by Kaylee Skylyn; 10-23-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Kaylee Skylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #1138
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
If I had to guess, I'd say it's a fan's representation of the soulgaze between Harry and Molly in Proven Guilty. Didn't he see a bunch of different versions of Molly in mirrors or windows?
Sheesh! I was so hung up on the word 'April' and the 'by Jim Butcher' I missed that association. I believe your guess is accurate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee Skylyn View Post
Love the fanart! Especially "Roommates"! Heh. Where did you find them?

I thought I was further along in the series than I actually am apparently. Started "White Night" and promptly realised I missed a book somewhere. So I know I read the start of "Dead Beat" but not totally sure I finished it before having to return to the library (and then moved on to another book in the meantime)...so I've started re-reading "Dead Beat". Must say I like Mouse.
...now to figure out where exactly I was before returning it. And get all 4 I currently have signed out done before I run out of renewals.

I never seem to follow the order I have in my GoodReads To-Read list...
Yeah, I sure love his roomates. The fan art is all over the web (google is my friend), but the most consistent source is Deviant Art for instance here's one of Murphy that I like a lot:

Old 10-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #1139
Kaylee Skylyn
Enthusiast
Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaylee Skylyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android phone, Kobo Aura, Sony PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Yeah, I sure love his roomates. The fan art is all over the web (google is my friend), but the most consistent source is Deviant Art
Yes, google is my friend but apparently Deviant Art hates me. Always has. I have never had luck with it...and getting an error on their search. (was more looking for the artists name, direct link?)

I'm very frustrated I can't remember where I left of...get to the end of a chapter and am like; "yep, read that...." but flip to far and I don't remember it but that could just be my silly memory being selective.

Kinda wonder if the library will get the new one as soon as it comes out and if so how long the waiting list for it will be.
Kaylee Skylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #1140
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee Skylyn View Post
Yes, google is my friend but apparently Deviant Art hates me. Always has. I have never had luck with it...and getting an error on their search. (was more looking for the artists name, direct link?)

I'm very frustrated I can't remember where I left of...get to the end of a chapter and am like; "yep, read that...." but flip to far and I don't remember it but that could just be my silly memory being selective.

Kinda wonder if the library will get the new one as soon as it comes out and if so how long the waiting list for it will be.
Try this.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy