Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
bouvin
Mad about the books
bouvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Touch: Syncing via email, updating thumbnail via USB?

Hi
The recent Calibre update
- Upload cover thumbnails when sending books to device by USB to workaround Amazon bug of not displaying covers for sync-enabled books

sounded like just the thing, but while it does do what it says above, I was wondering whether the following is possible:

1) Send book to Amazon via email to get syncing across Kindle Touch and all Kindle.apps, and then
2) Connect Kindle Touch to computer via USB and update thumbnails

As Calibre is already able to identify which books in my library is on the Kindle, presumably the above should be possible?
bouvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In theory, it looks like it is possible to email books (right click on the book and select send to [Kindle] email.) However, I tried it for the first time this morning and it doesn't seem to be working for me.

EDIT: Ahh...just had to add PDF format to the preference and use gmail. Thank you kovidgoyal (over in another thread). LINK: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ails-using-app

Last edited by Bookatarian; 05-29-2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Solution
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
bouvin
Mad about the books
bouvin began at the beginning.

Certainly, emailing (mobi) books works beautifully, I have been doing that for quite a while. It's just that last piece of missing thumbnail cover that keeps it from being perfect.

One can of course always hope for a more sensible firmware from Amazon...
bouvin is offline   Reply With Quote