Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
Helenl
Helenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Original
Kobo not processing new content

I downloaded a few books into Calibre, then sent about 6 (one at a time) into my Kobo, ejected the device then unplugged it. It processed overnight but didnt work, so I did a factory reset and started over and its happening again. Any ideas?
Helenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
Something simular happened to me, yesterday. I sideloaded three books, and I loaded one through Calibre, and ejected before disconnecting.
Processing took ages, so I connected my Kobo Glo again, this time to Kobo desktop, and ejected, but with the same result, ereader kept processing.
I connected a third time and ejected my Kobo Glo safely from my pc (twice, since I have an SDcard in it) and then my ereader finally acted normal.
I didn't do a factory reset.
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Processing of only 6 books shouldn't take long. In fact, it should be very fast, within two minutes at the most! So it taking all night means something is going wrong. It might be a bad epub or corrupt file... otherwise, I don't know. Strange that Hekse-Mie got it working the third time without actually changing anything.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Helenl
Helenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura aboutHelenl has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Original
same thing happened to a friend of mine, using calibre and book that i gave her, from a memory stick

i felt like i had to do a factory reset because the pc wouldnt recognize my kobo, the screen wouldn't change.

Last edited by Helenl; 01-22-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Helenl is offline   Reply With Quote