Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Good for bringing Cod and chips home too...PLUS extra malt vinegar, lol!

Edit: "Actually...having typed the above...fish and chips sounds REALLY good for a Saturday night feed.".... Oh heck...going out soon to get some!
Reader Paradice, I read that as you don't really subscribe to old homespun method of cleaning windows with newspaper and vinegar.

You don't reveal where you're located, but here in Canada the fish and chip shops no longer wrap stuff in newspaper, but my local one does wrap the final package in newspaper just out of tradition.

Back on the topic, I usually clean glass, like my monitor screen, with generic Windex substitute I get at the supermarket. That's probably what I'll use when I remove the factory screen protector once it becomes so beat-up it's noticeable.

Last edited by oldyellr; 12-03-2011 at 05:34 PM.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #17
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
Reader Paradice, I read that as you don't really subscribe to old homespun method of cleaning windows with newspaper and vinegar.

You don't reveal where you're located, but here in Canada the fish and chip shops no longer wrap stuff in newspaper, but my local one does wrap the final package in newspaper just out of tradition.

Back on the topic, I usually clean glass, like my monitor screen, with generic Windex substitute I get at the supermarket. That's probably what I'll use when I remove the factory screen protector once it becomes so beat-up it's noticeable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, actually newspaper is a good 'wicker' and 'scraper' for taking film and road grime off outside window surfaces. I knew exactly what he meant..and it was used quite a bit in the past decades, when commercially available towel paper was not. Women were loathe to use cotton and other clothes remnants. Gary/Glen/George ?!? is quite right....

I hail from the Toronto area, but my family came from England. My grandmother told me that the real 'success' of English fish 'n chips hailed from the taste that was imparted to it, by means of the vegetable oils that were used during the war years in ink compounds, ...which actually leached to the fish coating whilst being carried home. All publishers used different suppliers to obtain their ink, and THAT...flavoured and tagged the fish and chips to a local region of England. Believe it or not...but many patrons would actually miss the 'flavouring' of their local rag upon the chips, once the war was over, and newspaper publishers went back to mineral-based ink-ages. It was then that newspaper was no longer used (it should not have been..) for wrapping 'the cod'...non-newsprint wrapping was then used.

P.S. Be careful about Windex with ammonia! That stuff will strip paint! Honestly...it will. A suggestion.

Mitch

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-03-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert