Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-30-2007, 03:44 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It can indeed read RTF. Sorry - it was my mistake saying it would read DOC files.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am happy to confirm that the MobiPocket Reader works beautifully on my WM6 Smartphone (an HP iPaq 514). In fact I'm amazed just how well it does work on a screen that small. I wouldn't want to read "War and Peace" on it, but I can certainly see myself reading short stories, etc, in idle moments.

I simply ran the MobiPocket Desktop Reader on my PC while the phone was connected via USB, and it automatically detected the phone and asked me if I'd like to install MobiPocket Reader on it. Very smart software indeed.
Advert
Old 08-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #18
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Sounds good Harry, have you tried uBook on it yet?
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Sounds good Harry, have you tried uBook on it yet?
Not yet - on to "to do" list! Been too busy playing with my new toy. Very impressed with it - they've obviously put a huge amount of work into the user interface and how everything is tied together.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:45 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Just checked and the Smartphone version of uBook is "coming soon" .
Advert
Old 08-31-2007, 07:46 AM   #21
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
Thank you Harry. I installed MobiPocket. It seems to be nice though I haven't had many mobipocket books yet and not much chance to try -real- reading on it.
Jaapjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:07 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It's certainly not going to replace my iLiad for "real" reading . Great for odd moments, though, because it's something I'll always have with me, which is not the case with the iLiad.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:48 AM   #23
eimert
Connoisseur
eimert doesn't littereimert doesn't litter

Device: Dell Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapjan View Post
The uBook site looks a bit fuzzy and I saw nothing about Mobile 6 support.
I second the vote for uBook. It's my favorite reader, too. It runs just fine on my X50v with WM6 - so, go ahead.

Klaus
eimert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:38 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Depends whether the original user has a phone with a touch sensitive screen or not. If he does, it'll be OK - it's just like a Pocket PC. If he has a genuine "smartphone", like me, without a touch-sensitive screen, there'll be no way to "drive" uBook on his phone. Smartphone apps need to set up the "softkeys" on the phone.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:45 PM   #25
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapjan View Post
Thank you Harry. I installed MobiPocket. It seems to be nice though I haven't had many mobipocket books yet and not much chance to try -real- reading on it.
It will also read Palm DOC files and there are lots of those available.

dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:44 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

And text, RTF, and HTML too.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #27
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
And text, RTF, and HTML too.
Well, that depends on which platform you are talking about. It can't read those formats on all platforms and it does not really read them on a pc but translates that on the fly. This can be useful to get a .prc file from a pc to one of the other supported platforms. The pc can also translate pdf although sometimes it does a poor job.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote