Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
LegoLegoLego
LegoLegoLego began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Page turn flaw, Sony-505

(Hello!)
Prior to this morning page-turns on my Reader were quick and virtually unnoticeable but they now take a moment longer and display both previous and next pages simultaneously for long enough for it to be a distraction. Has anyone else experienced this? It's a 505 bought from Waterstones (UK)
LegoLegoLego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
ttate90303
Enthusiast
ttate90303 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Apple iPad 3, Kindle 3, Nook Simple Touch
You don't mention what firmware you're running - check which version you have on your reader. There was an update that came out earlier this summer (I'd assume it came with your new reader, but never assume anything).
ttate90303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
How large is your book? did you make it yourself? because embedded fonts can cause slow page turns. Is the book in the internal memory or a memory card?
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
The other thing I noticed on my 500 is that with a memory card inserted (doesn't matter whether memory stick or SD card) page turns take longer -- did you buy a memory card and begin using it just before the page-turn slowdown?
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
First, LegoLegoLego, welcome to MobileRead. I see this is your first post.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your 505. I also have the same unit and have no problems with it.

I don't have an exact answer to your problem, but I do have some suggestions in order to -- perhaps - isolate the issue.

1) If you have any memory cards, take them out.

2) Are you using the Ebook Library software?

3) If yes on number "2," make certain all your updates are current, on your Reader and on your computer.

4) See if the problem is occurring with a book from Sony - or is a book from some other source?

Again, these are only suggestions.

Rest assured, there will be other members here to assist you with more detailed information.

Again, I welcome you to MobileRead.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
What a coincidence. I was away for the weekend (in Scotland) and the same happened to my PRS505. Back home I have just linked up via USB and loaded a new book via ebook library, unplugged and opened new book and all is well.

Maybe just needed slight battery charge although it was showing full?
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoLegoLego View Post
(Hello!)
Prior to this morning page-turns on my Reader were quick and virtually unnoticeable but they now take a moment longer and display both previous and next pages simultaneously for long enough for it to be a distraction. Has anyone else experienced this? It's a 505 bought from Waterstones (UK)
I got similar behaviour last winter when the Reader was cold in the morning. Once warmed in my hands for about 20 pages it would return to normal. Hasn't happened since about March, so I'm certain that was the cause. No doubt it will do it again this winter.
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
xcentricmalaika
xcentricmalaika doesn't litterxcentricmalaika doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttate90303 View Post
You don't mention what firmware you're running - check which version you have on your reader. There was an update that came out earlier this summer (I'd assume it came with your new reader, but never assume anything).
Definitely avoid assumptions. I got my reader after the update came out, but I still needed to get the update.
xcentricmalaika is offline   Reply With Quote