Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #46
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
That was the same email I received and I changed my password.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #47
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
Received the Adobe email and wanted to test if my password was actually "reset".

1. Downloaded several library books and Adobe Digital Editions worked fine.
2. Went to Adobe.com and tried to download a new version of Adobe Shockwave Player. That's when I was required to set up a new password.
3. Downloaded a few more library books after creating the new password. Digital Editions still worked fine.

Based on my test, Digital Editions was not effected by a password change. My computer was already "authorized" for Digital Editions and remained authorized.

I'm guessing that I probably could not have authorized a new computer with my old password.
What I am wondering is can't they (hackers) get your computer information since Adobe has to authorize each and every computer? Who really knows what hackers can get.

The last time I had a computer authorized Adobe had no way to delete old computers and you can only authorize so many computers. Not good.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #48
Vala
Enthusiast
Vala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I'm not sure if I understand, but isn't your ADE password the same as the one you use on your Sony ereader?
Yes my password is the same as what is on my Sony ereader. I also have credit card info on Sony for buying. I am just concerned if I would need to call Sony before I change the ADE password because I had to use the same password for both.
Vala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #49
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Vala, the Sony account and the Adobe ID are 2 separate things. You can and should have different passwords for each one. I always have.

To confirm this, because I couldn't remember what I had done to sign into my Sony account from a Sony app, I downloaded the Sony app onto my iPhone and it is now asking me for my email and password to the Sony account, not the ADE email and password. I'm not going to follow through because I hadn't wanted this on my phone, I just did this to see what would happen. The next step might be ADE authorization.

Your changing the password for ADE will not affect the Sony ebook store account.

Last edited by 49Kat; 10-06-2013 at 01:51 AM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #50
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I only use Adobe for ebooks. They don't have any personal info about me (CC, address, etc).

No, but they have your email and password, and if you use that combination at any other sites, then the hackers have access to those sites too.

I got the notice on Oct. 1 and thought it was someone phishing.
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloude View Post
No, but they have your email and password, and if you use that combination at any other sites, then the hackers have access to those sites too.

You should always use different passwords for different sites.

Simple Tips:

Make sure you use a strong password. At least 12 characters with mix up of Lowercase, Uppercase, Numbers and Symbols.

Make sure the email connected to the account has a strong password. Turn on Two step verification if you can. It will keep you safer. Change any security question. Make up your own security question answer that is no way related to the question. It will make it harder to guess.

You can get a free email account from outlook.com which gives you 10 email aliases so you could use a alias as a email address and even if the hackers got that email they still couldn't log in because they would have to know the real email address that is tied to the account. You can add and delete aliases as needed. I love this feature!

Last edited by Blossom; 10-06-2013 at 03:01 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #52
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloude View Post
I didn't get the notice but I did want to change my password anyway just in case (even though I don't use the same passwords for different things) I just find it extremely poor practice that they send an email with a link to click to reset said password, because frankly it could just as easily be phishing.

The last time I bought directly from Adobe was in 2010, and obviously my address is in there. I am glad I refused to go with their subscription for Photoshop - I really dislike that business model. I do need PS for work stuff but for now CS6 still does everything I need it to so...

Last edited by Yolina; 10-06-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #53
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
My email was different. Now I'm paranoid!

Quote:
Click this link to reset your password.

For security purposes, this link will expire 72 hours from the time it was sent.If you continue to have issues with your password, see Adobe ID FAQ for help.

Thank you,
The Adobe Team
I clicked, and changed it.
*sigh*
Anyone else get this email?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #54
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Silver raven, my first email from Adobe was like the first one quoted in this thread.

Quote:
Important Password Reset Information
To view this message in a language other than English, please click here.

We recently discovered that an attacker illegally entered our network and may have obtained access to your Adobe ID and encrypted password. We currently have no indication that there has been unauthorized activity on your account.

To prevent unauthorized access to your account, we have reset your password. Please visit w w w. adobe.com/go/passwordreset to create a new password. We recommend that you also change your password on any website where you use the same user ID or password. In addition, please be on the lookout for suspicious email or phone scams seeking your personal information.

We deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause you. We value the trust of our customers and we will work aggressively to prevent these types of events from occurring in the future. If you have questions, you can learn more by visiting our Customer Alert page, which you will find here.
Adobe Customer Care
Because it had a clickable link (I changed it in my quote to make it non clickable) and there have been phishing emails in the past claiming to be from Adobe, I did not click on that link. I researched first to see if this security breach had really happened. When I found out it had, I went directly to Adobe.com from a web browser and I saw the link on their home page, "customer security alert". I followed that link and took the steps from there. The email you described is like one I received during the process I went through to reset the password.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #55
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Silver raven, my first email from Adobe was like the first one quoted in this thread.

Because it had a clickable link (I changed it in my quote to make it non clickable) and there have been phishing emails in the past claiming to be from Adobe, I did not click on that link. I researched first to see if this security breach had really happened. When I found out it had, I went directly to Adobe.com from a web browser and I saw the link on their home page, "customer security alert". I followed that link and took the steps from there. The email you described is like one I received during the process I went through to reset the password.
Yup.

What i did with twitter, go to twitter website (without folowing link to be sure), there it asked me to reset my password.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #56
Vala
Enthusiast
Vala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Vala, the Sony account and the Adobe ID are 2 separate things. You can and should have different passwords for each one. I always have.

To confirm this, because I couldn't remember what I had done to sign into my Sony account from a Sony app, I downloaded the Sony app onto my iPhone and it is now asking me for my email and password to the Sony account, not the ADE email and password. I'm not going to follow through because I hadn't wanted this on my phone, I just did this to see what would happen. The next step might be ADE authorization.

Your changing the password for ADE will not affect the Sony ebook store account.
Thanks for the info, it gave me the courage to go change the password at both ADE & Sony! I did not have a problem. After I changed the password at ADE I clicked on "authorize computer" and it told me it already was. It is authorized to your email address not password.
Vala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #57
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I got both emails and changed my passwords for both ADE & Sony. I was probably safe anyway since neither of them have any of my cc info.

And my books are safe since the evil drm gets stripped the moment I download them and transfer them into Calibre.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #58
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Adobe are handling this like a bunch of amateurs - I changed my password yesterday (when just trying to log into the site automatically triggered the request to create a new one), and they've just emailed me the generic "we recently discovered blah blah blah please create a new password " notice Going to go and log in and see they make me change it again.

Edit: nope, my password from yesterday lets me in without forcing another reset

Last edited by Yolina; 10-06-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #59
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I got the email today and changed my password there and then changed it at Sony, B&N and Kobo. B&N is the only one that sent me an email that my password was changed. They all should have done that. Adobe sent one after I changed it there. I have another similar email at Yahoo that I changed my password for and they sent an email as well. Yahoo also made me use a capital letter in my password.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #60
oddly bodkins
Enthusiast
oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aztak Pocket Pro, Palm Zire 72, IPad 2
This is so disheartening. I just got new debit cards because our bank was hacked. I had my CC info stolen and used a couple of years ago, Our PlayStation account was compromised and now this. I did notice that Adobe is asking for your birthday if you want to use their cloud services. Great, another piece of my personal info hackers will get if Adobe is compromised again. Honestly how can ANY of these services be sure it is me if hackers are piecing together profiles from all these hacks? I don't even know how many potential versions of myself are floating around out there in the aether.
oddly bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote