Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Skinit now has skins for the PRS-505

This is the same company that made the skins for the special edition readers offered by Sony for Valentine's Day and the James Patterson bundle.

They are $24.95 at www.skinit.com
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I ordered the tie dye one
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
If you are using the MyCokeRewards system, they currently have a free SkinIt for 411 points. I don't know if it is compatible with the Reader though. I am hoping since I am only 80 points away. I am planning on doing mine to look like cocobolo wood.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Tego has skins for the 505 for $12.00 with U.S. Shipping $3.00.

http://www.mytego.com/Tegobuilder/Se...?DeviceId=1750

This is the one I chose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skin.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	14293  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #5
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Excellent! It will be even better when they have a template available to preview designs.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #6
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Skinit does have a template available for you to preview designs. The Skinit version looks like it may be easier to put on because it has one big cut out for the 0-9 buttons instead of the Tego version that has individual cut outs for the numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skin it.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	14294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tego.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	14296  

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 07-13-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #7
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I just discovered the template in the 'Create Your Own Skin' area. I got "no preview available" and just a solid rectangle with the design, not showing where the cut-outs would be when I was browsing their stock and premium designs, most of which are accessible in the 'Create Your Own' area. It's easier to compare there too!!

Edited to add:

Be sure to Google 'skinit coupon'. There are several available!

Last edited by MarciaCat; 07-13-2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: To add coupon reminder!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:28 AM   #8
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

I'm thinking of getting a new skin for my laptop too. I have a San Diego Padres one I got from Skinit that I've had for 1 1/2 years. It's held up real well but I was thinking of getting a matched set-- Red Poinsettia to coordinate with my D&B Reader cover. That way, I'll get free shipping plus the coupon discount!!

Would it be a good idea to put my name & phone number on the back? :

Decisions, decisions.......................

Edited to add:
Just discovered it's either/or regarding free shipping and coupon, not both!

Last edited by MarciaCat; 07-13-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Would love to see some pictures of actual Sony's with these skins on. I would love to put a darker colored skin on my silver, but am wary of how it would really look.. or whether it would leave any gunk when removed or whatnot. Wonder if the buttons/exposed areas would get dirtier looking this way, though?
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #10
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

I peeled back the skin on my laptop to check, no gunk!

Now if I could only decide whether to put my name on the back of my 505.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:43 AM   #11
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
MarciaCat--

I think it's a good idea to put your name on it and some way to contact you. That way, if you misplace it, there's a chance an honest person will find it and return it to you.

I'm having fun with these skins. Have uploaded a few of my own pics to play around with. I'm thinking of getting matching skins for my 505 and laptop.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #12
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Tego has skins for the 505 for $12.00 with U.S. Shipping $3.00.

http://www.mytego.com/Tegobuilder/Se...?DeviceId=1750

This is the one I chose.
Yes, the Tego skin is $12 for just the front or $21 for the front and back with $3 shipping bringing it to $24, the same as the SkinIt skin which is both front and back.

I am also trying to choose the best one. I still like the idea of making it look like wood but it won't show lettering well without making it garish. I am almost tempted to take photos of the reader and make it look old and rusty or maybe photoshop it into a steampunk case with lots of copper and rivets.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #13
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
I like the idea of steam punk! I'm thinking of doing something like that with my next PC, using this guys work as inspiration.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:20 AM   #14
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster

Well, good news and bad news.

I finished my steampunk skin but the MyCokeRewards code does not qualify for the Reader skin, only a 'small device' such as a phone, MP3 player or PDA. That sucks as I cannot justify spending $24 for a sticker when there are more important things that the money needs to go for.

Maybe at some point I will be able to do it.

I figured that I can at least share the images for my Saunier Personal Bibliographic Engine. The pieces are accumulated from various internet sources and resculpted intoa new, albeit archaic-looking, device.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #15
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by revfish View Post
Well, good news and bad news.

I finished my steampunk skin but the MyCokeRewards code does not qualify for the Reader skin, only a 'small device' such as a phone, MP3 player or PDA. That sucks as I cannot justify spending $24 for a sticker when there are more important things that the money needs to go for.

Maybe at some point I will be able to do it.

I figured that I can at least share the images for my Saunier Personal Bibliographic Engine. The pieces are accumulated from various internet sources and resculpted intoa new, albeit archaic-looking, device.

Wow I thought I was doing good with my little drag and drop stuff on the Skinit website, How can I go about doing that??

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote