Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #91
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
My version of the T62 firmware doesn't have that "volume keys" setting. I'm on the firmware version in nightboy's post, which works well. With all the problems some users have had with upgrades, I've been reluctant to spin the wheel and try another T62 firmware. Besides, when I click the "check update version" button, it tells me "no update found".
My T62 firmware was the same. I think the problems people are having is because there is a B and C version of the T62 that's very different.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #92
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Any idea what what this T61A is?!

http://www.szboeye.com/sites/default...banner/t61.jpg
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #93
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hob View Post
Unless that's a hobbit holding it, it looks pretty large!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #94
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Unless that's a hobbit holding it, it looks pretty large!
it says 6" so she's probably a hobbit!
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #95
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The Boyue T61 is in our Wiki but I am not sure the meaning of A. The site really only describes the T61.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #96
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

If anyone buys a T61A, be careful updating it with files for the T61. People with a T62 B or C had a non working touchscreen after updating using the T62 update file.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:34 AM   #97
kazuma6666
Enthusiast
kazuma6666 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook OPUS, Kindle paperwhite
Hey,

A colleague of mine bought the icarus illumina and has a problem with the kindle app. The light doesn't work with the kindle app.

Has anyone here got that problem?
I'm a kindle user as I don't really need android apps on my reader so I don't know much about this device, actually I never heard of it before my colleague bought it (to be fair I'm not staying informed since I bought my paperwhite).
kazuma6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #98
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuma6666 View Post
Hey,

A colleague of mine bought the icarus illumina and has a problem with the kindle app. The light doesn't work with the kindle app.
Does that mean that while using the Kindle app the backlight cannot be on, or that the light cannot be turned on from the Kindle app itself ?

The backlight on eink readers is not implemented same way as the brightness on an Android device. It's not integrated into the the Android brightness and you have to use the device's own interface to control it.
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:42 AM   #99
kazuma6666
Enthusiast
kazuma6666 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook OPUS, Kindle paperwhite
Well the light interface still works in the kindle app. There is this little light bulb at the end of the page and we can click it and then I get a scale from 1 to 20 and can add more light or diminish it. But it does absolutely nothing.
It works before launching the app, and works after, but never while reading kindle books.
kazuma6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:52 PM   #100
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Hmm, that's strange.
I just tested and it works w/ the Boyue firmware...
No idea what it can be.
The OS level backlight should work regardless of the app.
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #101
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I'm running into a few problems:

First, although the device has buttons so I don't have to use the touchscreen for everything, but I still have to use the touchscreen some of the time. I have proprioceptive issues so it is hard to use touchscreens without triggering unwanted gestures. I often end up going a page forward or a page back as I try to do something. I would also like to be able to disable pinch-zoom.

Second, the "recently read" menu is usually empty, and at other times is missing the books, mostly pdfs, that I'm actually reading.

Third, the pdf reader keeps losing my place.

Fourth, the djvu reader sometimes displays pages in black, obscuring the text.

I haven't found any fixes online.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, eink, ereader, icarus