Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Vicki Tyley's Thin Blood

Vicki Tyley's agent couldn't sell her mystery novel because "it's Australian" and NY wouldn't touch it. She put it up on Kindle and sold 20,000 and counting since April, reaching #6 overall. I just finished it and it's taut, intimate, and dramatic. I just did a little interview with her at
http://indiebooksblog.blogspot.com

Scott
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nicholson View Post
Vicki Tyley's agent couldn't sell her mystery novel because "it's Australian" and NY wouldn't touch it. She put it up on Kindle and sold 20,000 and counting since April, reaching #6 overall. I just finished it and it's taut, intimate, and dramatic. I just did a little interview with her at
http://indiebooksblog.blogspot.com

Scott
I agree... it's a great mystery... and such a surprising ending...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:42 AM   #3
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Don't forget the linky to the book.

thin blood at smashwords

And the discount coupon KP64D
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I agree... it's a great mystery... and such a surprising ending...
+1 I enjoyed this book very much!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:07 AM   #5
Loss Stop
Enthusiast
Loss Stop is on a distinguished road

Device: kobo 1, prs 350
Thanks for the recommendation, buying right now and will start it tomorrow night.
Loss Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:19 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Oz gets a raw deal, Scott. About six years ago, my own wee indie house (then UK based, now registered in Canada) took over the small Australian paperback and ebook publisher, Jacobyte Books, which was in danger of going under and taking its authors and their work with it, purely because of apathy in Oz and this apparent prejudice elsewhere against tales based Down Under.

The company's owner, Meredith Whitford -- herself a pro author and brilliant editor -- introduced us to a whole body of outstanding work and fine Australian authors who were hitting a brick wall. I'm happy to say that Meredith and those authors remain part of our stable and their books are selling internationally and gaining recognition.

Things snowball, and we've added many other writers and titles from Australia over the years.

I just can't understand why there still tends to be a lingering feeling in the industry that tales of Down Under are somehow provincial and of no interest to the rest of the world. Many publishers (possibly especially in the US) are turning up their noses at some shining talent.

It's refreshing to hear the news from you that Vicki Tyley is showing them what they're missing ... and all under her own steam. Good on 'er!

Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I discovered Elizabeth Knox while I was in NZ and have not been able to find her books---in paper or otherwise---in North America since I came back to North America. Most of the books had sort of a magic realism element, I bet they would be popular if they were available here. I have the Vicki Tyley book on my TBR list. Maybe I'll bump it up
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
fedora
Connoisseur
fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Congratulations, Vicki! Still one of the best covers on Kindle!
fedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #9
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I loved Thin Blood too. Good stuff.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedora View Post
DITTO!!

(Plus, I really enjoyed the book! )
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #11
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
I loved Thin Blood too. Good stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Beacham View Post
DITTO!!

(Plus, I really enjoyed the book! )
Thank you! I really appreciate the support.

TC, I read Leave Me Gasping while I was away and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope to post a review in the next couple of days.

Cheers
Vicki
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #12
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Brilliant books. Have read 2 and loved both of them
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indie, kindle, mystery, vicki tyley