Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #676
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Hi there tubemonkey. I tried your link with my iPad and got this message:

Error

Sorry, we can not process your request right now. Please try again later or contact Customer Care.

Would it be better with an Android tablet or PC? I so hope this isn't a really ridiculous question.
It looks like the Audible site was down for a while yesterday. (I *do* have a Facebook account and decided to look around and see if I wanted to add Audible to my feed.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #677
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If you're new to Audible, you can click on this link and get two free audiobooks with a free 30-day trial period. After that, you're free to cancel.
If you go to cancel after the 30-day trial period and indicate on the form that price is your reason for canceling, Audible in the past would offer you three additional months at half price--$7.50 a month. I don't know if they're still doing that, but it's worth trying.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #678
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
The Kindle books are free and the companion Audible books are $0.99. The link takes you to the Kindle page. You must buy or already own the Kindle book first. Once that is done, you're then eligible for the reduced priced Audible book.

Whispersync for Voice - How it Works

Thanks, Tubemonkey.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #679
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I need to make a correction concerning post #619 about the Top 20 list of libraries based on OverDrive audiobook collections.

Phoenix Public Library belongs to a consortium - Greater Phoenix Digital Library - which uses the new OD format. I should've used this website all along. Anyway, I've adjusted the numbers and Phoenix is back in 2nd place.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #680
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

24 Hour Sale at Downpour -- exp 20 Aug

The Sticking Place by TB Smith -- narrated by Barry Kraft -- unabridged (7.0 hrs)
Quote:
It’s 1978 in “America’s Finest City”—San Diego, California—and one rookie cop is learning the hardest lessons the streets have to teach. Luke Jones—a recently graduated, Shakespeare-quoting literature major—is about to discover that dealing with crooks is the easiest part of his new job. For here, in a world populated by people ruled by their obsessions, Luke’s strong will and quick tongue alienate many of his senior officers, and he must fight for acceptance. Though eventually labeled a hero, his success comes at great cost.

The Sticking Place is the first in the Luke Jones series, which follows one cop’s career from rookie to retirement.
Advert
Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #681
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
If you go to cancel after the 30-day trial period and indicate on the form that price is your reason for canceling, Audible in the past would offer you three additional months at half price--$7.50 a month. I don't know if they're still doing that, but it's worth trying.
Thanks for the tip
Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #682
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thanks, Tubemonkey.
You're welcome
Old 08-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #683
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
24 Hour Sale at Downpour -- exp 20 Aug

The Sticking Place by TB Smith -- narrated by Barry Kraft -- unabridged (7.0 hrs)
Yummy! Tastes even better when combined with the "Dorian Gray" BOGO offer (see first page if you forgot).

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #684
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
It looks like the Audible site was down for a while yesterday. (I *do* have a Facebook account and decided to look around and see if I wanted to add Audible to my feed.)
I don't know if this was my problem but after clicking everything in site I got an email from Amazon early this morning informing me of Gold Coins that have been added to my account. Now I have no way what Gold Coins are but I guess my clicking has some magical properties that I need to try out again.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #685
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
I don't know if this was my problem but after clicking everything in site I got an email from Amazon early this morning informing me of Gold Coins that have been added to my account. Now I have no way what Gold Coins are but I guess my clicking has some magical properties that I need to try out again.

If I'm not mistaken, those can be used to purchase apps for a Kindle Fire.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #686
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Don
Really? I have a million apps. Thank you for responding.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #687
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Quote:
Really? I have a million apps. Thank you for responding.
Correct, Amazon Coins are virtual currency for use in the Amazon Appstore. Amazon gave all US Kindle Fire owners 500 coins ($5 value) last May. Here are a couple of press releases that explain it:
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #688
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Correct, Amazon Coins are virtual currency for use in the Amazon Appstore. Amazon gave all US Kindle Fire owners 500 coins ($5 value) last May. Here are a couple of press releases that explain it:
Thanks tubemonkey for clarifying this. How funny to have gotten 500 gold coins when I was clicking for $5 for an audiobook. I love that Amazon offered anything. I may join Audible this winter so that I can avail myself of all these goodies that you post.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #689
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Thanks tubemonkey for clarifying this. How funny to have gotten 500 gold coins when I was clicking for $5 for an audiobook. I love that Amazon offered anything. I may join Audible this winter so that I can avail myself of all these goodies that you post.
As mentioned previously, you can join Audible without signing up for a subscription plan and that will get you some of the goodies.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #690
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
As mentioned previously, you can join Audible without signing up for a subscription plan and that will get you some of the goodies.
Hi hwlester. I was thinking about it but I use cd's most of all because I drive a lot in bad traffic conditions. My clip zip I use for my long walks so I go through the downloads slower. I think that I might be able to download from Audible to my phone and perhaps listen through Bluetooth but I am worried about the storage capabilities of my cell. And I am still on Download 101 and haven't learned how to use an SD card on my cell. I guess this was TMI but it is late.
Or perhaps I don't fully understand what signing up without a subscription plan really means. But thank you so much for pointing it out and I will look further into it this weekend.