Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
Beezlebug
Beezlebug began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Any Experience Taking One Apart?

Has anyone had experience taking apart their Sony Touch (PRS-600)? I received one about a month ago as a gift and absolutley love it. However, this weekend while reading I went to brush a small bug off the screen only to realize it was INSIDE the reader and now it is squashed against the glass. Luckily it is off to the side near the right margin so it isn't that a big deal but it is annoying.

I'm not sure if this would be covered under the warranty but even if it is it looks like Sony would cover this under the Exchange Service and I could end up with a refurbished unit. I have no problem taking it apart and and from the service manual it doesn't look like its that difficult. I'm just wondering if there is any easy way to get to the touch screen to clean off the bug (I think even hitting it with a piece of paper would be sufficient to knock it out). The service manual has you disassembling the entire thing which seems like overkill. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.
Beezlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I hope someone answers this! Mine has a speck of lint or something like yours has a bug. I'm really tempted to take it apart but it's not worth breaking it.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 03:52 AM   #3
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur
Tinderbox (UK) began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DXG
I have taken the back off to reset the battery, it`s only 2 screws and then the back just slides off, but you need to get too the screen and i have not seen a guide to doing that.

All i can suggest is to have a look at the service manual and see if that helps.

http://aldus2006.typepad.fr/files/prs600.pdf
Tinderbox (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote