Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
rubyv
rubyv began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Calibre, calibre2opds,and NOOK - best way to keep catalog up to date?

I've just softrooted my nook, and can't wait to access my catalog via trook. I created my catalog today, but have already added over a dozen new books. What is the best way to keep the catalog up to date? Will I have to sideload the catalog every time it gets updated? Is there anyway to update the catalog wirelessly, or will I have to run calibre2opds and download via usb?

Thanks!
rubyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:29 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyv View Post
I've just softrooted my nook, and can't wait to access my catalog via trook. I created my catalog today, but have already added over a dozen new books. What is the best way to keep the catalog up to date? Will I have to sideload the catalog every time it gets updated? Is there anyway to update the catalog wirelessly, or will I have to run calibre2opds and download via usb?

Thanks!
I think you need to use dropbox
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=dropbox

if you don't have a dropbox account please use my referral to make a free one
we both will get 250mb extra
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQ5MjIwMjU5
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
rubyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I think you need to use dropbox
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=dropbox

if you don't have a dropbox account please use my referral to make a free one
we both will get 250mb extra
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQ5MjIwMjU5
I've got my calibre working with dropbox, thanks.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is do I need to manually update the catalog through calibre2opds every time I add something, or is there a way to automate the system? I am using the latest version, that creates catalogs directly to the nook for use with trook.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre2opds needs to be run to get the catalogs regenerated/updated. How frequently you run it is up to you.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just a note, that it should be easy to add a plugin to calibre that will run calibre2opds in the back ground every time a book is added. It wont run every time you change metadata, but that should be close enough.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
rubyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just a note, that it should be easy to add a plugin to calibre that will run calibre2opds in the back ground every time a book is added. It wont run every time you change metadata, but that should be close enough.
Thanks! Today's new skill - learning to write plugins.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
Jzz
Jzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
a little late maybe, but I'm using a task scheduler (my windows task scheduler isn't working so I found a free version of System Scheduler, but Windows' should work). I set it to run 3 times a day -- fine for my needs.
Jzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:42 AM   #8
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
And on a Mac with Lingon (and probably on Linux too) you can create a CRON schedule which runs calibre2opds (command line version) each time the metadata.db is modified...
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:16 AM   #9
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
And on a Mac with Lingon (and probably on Linux too) you can create a CRON schedule which runs calibre2opds (command line version) each time the metadata.db is modified...

for bringing up this thread again I got 2 dropbox referrals out of it

Last edited by Dopedangel; 09-02-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote