Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
A Dance with Dragons has a release date!

FINALLY! After like 5 years, the next installment of A Song of Ice and Fire, "A Dance With Dragons" has a release date. It was even announced on his site.

BUT....THE BOOKS STILL NOT DONE! However its far enough along that all parties have agreed on the date July 12th. Here's to hoping it's not July 12th 2015 LOL.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Ha. How many times has the "latest" ASoIF book been touted as "it is going to be released on X", only to not happen?

So many times that I won't believe anything until I can actually ORDER it. And no, I'm not bitter
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
There's another discussion here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124006
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
Janeena
Janeena began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad, iPhone
Great news!

I'm excited. But, I confess I'm new to this series as compared to other fans. I started this series after I bought my reader in 2009 so I haven't waited nearly as long. I'm glad to see that the ebook will be released same date according to the Random House website, too.

I've suspected that the upcoming HBO series would motivate finishing and releasing this 5th book. I'm, optimistically, banking on this release date. I guess we'll know in July.
Janeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I gave up on the hope of Martin providing any sort of resolution to his multitude of plot threads years ago. His major characters must be quivering in their boots, though, wondering which of them is going to end up brutally murdered this time.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Is there actaully any real confirmation on this? I've been in this series since the beginning, I have the AGoT silver hardcover.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Both the publisher and Martin have announced it. Im pretty confident this is the real deal.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I didn't start the series until I got my first reader in 2010, so I haven't been waiting forever either. I hope the release date stays, but just because both the publisher and Martin both announced it doesn't mean it will. The HBO series was anounced by both HBO and Martin to start in March and I just looked at hbo.com and it will start on 4-17.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
jhempel24
Wizard

They have been purposely staying away from a release date for years. So Im pretty hopeful that this is right.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #10
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I too am pretty hopeful that this is the real thing, seeing as it is the first time a release date has been given. I certainly bloody hope so, as I'm one of the unfortunates who started the series right when it first appeared.

Of course there's still another two books to come. I can see myself reading the last book in my comfy chair in the nursing home, wiping drool off my chin as I curse the lacking talents of the phantom writer chosen to complete the series, since Martin himself kicked the bucket two decades earlier.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard

I going to wgaer a guess and say that there will he more. Because this is technically the 2nd half of Feast for Crows. The two were supposed to be one novel.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:47 AM   #12
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
You may well be right. Perhaps it'll be my non-existent grandchildren who get to finish the last volume.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #13
jhempel24
Wizard

Or maybe Sanderson can finish this one for him too lol.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Or maybe Sanderson can finish this one for him too lol.
He's already hinted that Daniel Abraham would be the one he trusted with such an undertaking.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #15
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I am surprised he invented enough for another book since (accordingly to what others say, I have not read the series) most of the main characters are killed off.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote