Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #1996
kalkenji
kalkenji began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Thanks eschwartz for the info
Old 03-12-2014, 04:15 AM   #1997
s.lee.f
s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4 non touch
where can i get the collections downloaded ONLINE please!
Advert
Old 03-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #1998
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading
trksh22 is on a distinguished road

Device: K2
Can anyone help me figure out why I get this error when I try to import collections:

Quote:
Warnings:
Failed to get time of file"D:\documents\Rocks And Minerals For Kids! BIG Photos Fun Facts, Silly Jokes (60+ pages Fun Facts and Photos about Ro_B00H8HRUJ2_sample.sdr\Rocks And Minerals For Kids! BIG Photos Fun Facts, Silly Jokes (60+ pages Fun Facts and Photos about Ro_B00H8HRUJ2_sample.azw3r"
Failed to get time of file "D:\documents\Rocks And Minerals For Kids! BIG Photos Fun Facts, Silly Jokes (60+ pages Fun Facts and Photos about Ro_B00H8HRUJ2_sample.sdr\Rocks And Minerals For Kids! BIG Photos Fun Facts, Silly Jokes (60+ pages Fun Facts and Photos about Ro_B00H8HRUJ2_sample.azw3f"
Failed to get time of file "D:\documents\Software Update Letter_PSNL!DeviceUpgradeLetter!c29mdHdhcmUtdXBkYX RlP2N1c3RvbWVySWQ9QU9CSlAzTEZHUUtYTiZtYXJrZXRwbGFj ZUlEPUFUVlBES0lLWDBERVImdmVyc2lvblN0cmluZz1qNDJjJm RldmljZVR5cGU9QTFKWVJNRFBEMFdSQzE.sdr\Software Update Letter_PSNL!DeviceUpgradeLetter!c29mdHdhcmUtdXBkYX RlP2N1c3RvbWVySWQ9QU9CSlAzTEZHUUtYTiZtYXJrZXRwbGFj ZUlEPUFUVlBES0lLWDBERVImdmVyc2lvblN0cmluZz1qNDJjJm RldmljZVR5cGU9QTFKWVJNRFBEMFdSQzE.mbp1"
Failed to get time of file "D:\documents\Software Update Letter_PSNL!DeviceUpgradeLetter!c29mdHdhcmUtdXBkYX RlP2N1c3RvbWVySWQ9QU9CSlAzTEZHUUtYTiZtYXJrZXRwbGFj ZUlEPUFUVlBES0lLWDBERVImdmVyc2lvblN0cmluZz1qNDJjJm RldmljZVR5cGU9QTFKWVJNRFBEMFdSQzE.sdr\Software Update Letter_PSNL!DeviceUpgradeLetter!c29mdHdhcmUtdXBkYX RlP2N1c3RvbWVySWQ9QU9CSlAzTEZHUUtYTiZtYXJrZXRwbGFj ZUlEPUFUVlBES0lLWDBERVImdmVyc2lvblN0cmluZz1qNDJjJm RldmljZVR5cGU9QTFKWVJNRFBEMFdSQzE.mbs"
Failed to get time of file "D:\documents\Anderson, Catherine & Brockway, Connie & Claybourne, Casey & Metzger, Barbara\True Love Wedding Dress, The - Catherine Anderson & Connie Brockway & Casey Claybourne & Barbara Metzger.sdr\True Love Wedding Dress, The - Catherine Anderson & Connie Brockway & Casey Claybourne & Barbara Metzger.mbs"
Failed to get time of file "D:\documents\Anderson, Catherine & Brockway, Connie & Claybourne, Casey & Metzger, Barbara\True Love Wedding Dress, The - Catherine Anderson & Connie Brockway & Casey Claybourne & Barbara Metzger.sdr\True Love Wedding Dress, The - Catherine Anderson & Connie Brockway & Casey Claybourne & Barbara Metzger.mbp1"
I don't think that "rocks" book is even on my Kindle. It was a freebie that I picked up for my kids, for their Kindle Fires.

It is the Paperwhite 1 *cough*latestfirmware*cough*
Old 03-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #1999
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Warnings != Errors. Also, CM/KC won't do you any good on FW 5.4.3.

But to answer your question anyway: exactly what it says on the tin. It failed to stat' the time field of the file. Either the FS is wonky, or Windows is being weird. Probably mostly harmless.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #2000
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading
trksh22 is on a distinguished road

Device: K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Warnings != Errors. Also, CM/KC won't do you any good on FW 5.4.3.

But to answer your question anyway: exactly what it says on the tin. It failed to stat' the time field of the file. Either the FS is wonky, or Windows is being weird. Probably mostly harmless.
OK, thanks. I said it was an error because it doesn't pull any collections from the Kindle or put any on. I guess now it is because the firmware isn't compatible. Thank you.
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #2001
JJanssen
JJanssen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
I'm having trouble importing collections from my PaperWhite.

Situation:
- Latest calibre, with the latest K5-friendly Collections plugin on Mac OS X Mavericks
- K3 3G
- PW on 5.3.6, with jailbreak, linkss, MKK, and CM.

Importing collections from K3 to Calibre, no sweat. I've hit "export to Calibre" on the CM on the K5 numerous times, then gone to the homepage, immediately hooked up USB, tried to import. I get no error message, it says it's completed what it does, but I also get 0 content in the relevant column.

Any idea what is going wrong?

"calibre, version 1.30.0
Kindle Collections: Collections imported into custom column "Collections from K5".<P>"

Last edited by JJanssen; 03-30-2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: add message
Old 03-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #2002
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@JJanssen: How is the plugin setup w/ the PW? (Keep in mind the plugin stores a set of settings per device, and not a global one).

Check what happens in the logs with Calibre running in debug mode.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:43 PM   #2003
JJanssen
JJanssen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
I've basically left it completely unconfigured this time -- the only configuration options I can find are related to sending collections to the kindle, not importing them from. It does seem to autodetect it's a KPW on the send-to-kindle config options sheet.

A few snippets:
Code:
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Continuing import to column "Collections from K5"
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Building list from 696 books in Calibre on device
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Rebuilding get_collections code list #B005HYDKV0^EBOK
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Rebuilding get_collections code list #B004T2LKMC^EBOK
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Rebuilding get_collections code list #B00AUKUD16^EBOK
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Rebuilding get_collections code list #B005FD1YMU^EBOK
[...]
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Rebuilding get_collections code list #B003NX7KKO^EBOK
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Rebuilding get_collections code list #B004HIM7CK^EBOK
2014/03/31 21:34:03  696 book entries to update
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Importing to column #collection_k5
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 1, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 3, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 11, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 14, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 15, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 22, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 30, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 40, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 42, collections=
[...]
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 993, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 1018, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03      id 1019, collections=
2014/03/31 21:34:03  BEGIN Clearing custom column #collection_k5
2014/03/31 21:34:03  END Clearing custom column #collection_k5
2014/03/31 21:34:03  BEGIN Filling custom column #collection_k5
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Refreshing the GUI
2014/03/31 21:34:03  END Filling custom column #collection_k5
2014/03/31 21:34:03  Collections imported into custom column "Collections from K5".
2014/03/31 21:34:03  END Import Kindle collections
basically the log seems to be indicating it's seeing all the books, but they're just not in any collections. However, I've just noticed that somethin seems to have happened to my PW in the meantime -- I'm not getting my cover linkss any more, but the standard screensavers. It might have auto updated or something. I will have to investigate further tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #2004
RiffRaff9
RiffRaff9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Apologies if this has been asked before - have searched but can't find it. I've tried to get the Kindle Collections plug-in to create a collection for everyone in the family running off a "People" column I have created. The tags in People are either for instance "Brian" or "Brian Jane" or "Jane". I've tried many options but can't get the plug-in to create for instance, a collection for Brian that is made up of the books tagged as "Brian" or "Brian Jane". Many thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:32 AM   #2005
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
I don't know if it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong, however here's what happens. PW2 latest fw.

Configure KC plugin, and create a collection on Kindle (via Calibre). For example, I created Divergent, with Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant on it.
Transfer to Kindle, sync, display by collections, everything is all right.

Now suppose you change something in one of the book, I for example hypenated it with Hypenate this! plugin; obviously you will resend it to Kindle.

From that moment on, the book disappear from the collection! !?!?
If I launch collection manager interface I can see the book, I can see it is in the right collection, the collection counter includes it in its count... it simply isn't there in the main display!
Looking at kindle "home" I see the Divergent collection, it claims it contains three books, but the books inside are two only. The book is not there even in other views (by title, by author).
I checked collection manager visibility flag, but the book is visible (not sure if it got invisible first time, but for sure it is now marked visible).
I tried resending collections from Calibre to Kindle. I even tried getting collections from Kindle to Calibre (correctly the Divergent collection contains all the three books).
Of course I tried resyncing and even rebooting the kindle. No avail. The book stays invisible.
Did I do something wrong, or is it a bug?
Old 04-08-2014, 03:52 AM   #2006
NiLuJe
BLAM!

If the book changed ID, then, yep, it'll be gone (which, granted, shouldn't happen if the workflow was Calibre-driven all the way).

Possibly, there might be a caching issue confusing the Kindle catalog. When updating an existing book, I'd recommend deleting it *from the Kindle's UI* first.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:30 AM   #2007
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If the book changed ID, then, yep, it'll be gone (which, granted, shouldn't happen if the workflow was Calibre-driven all the way).

Possibly, there might be a caching issue confusing the Kindle catalog. When updating an existing book, I'd recommend deleting it *from the Kindle's UI* first.
This should imply that the same would happen also in a naked Kindle, without not even the jailbreak, am I right?
(It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I'm at work and I'm not allowed to use the PW here :P)
Old 04-08-2014, 06:13 AM   #2008
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yup .
Old 04-08-2014, 06:16 AM   #2009
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
Yup .
Damn kindle... so love you, so much hate you...
Old 04-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #2010
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I get the same problem on my KT, and I have to delete from the collection, but not from the device; didn't think to try that. Perhaps both work?

I usually just overwrite the book with corrected metadata (specifically title).

No KC or CM.
Closed Thread