Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Adobe Digital Editions on Mac OS?

Hi,

I received my new PRS-350 some days ago and after having the PRS-505 and PRS-600 I gave Adobe ADE a new try on my iMac. But: Same problem as before, The software works, I can read DRMed epub books on my computer but when plugging in the PRS-350 it is now shown in the Adobe software. So I cannot copy the DRMed books to the device. I had to use (as for years before) my windows netbook for this.
But I would really like to use my iMac, any ideas what to do? Of course I have installed the Sony drivers and software from the PRS-350 but ADE still cannot see my device.
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I haven't been able to use ADE with my 350 on my MacBook, so I'm using the Sony software. I can download ePubs from Kobo and Borders into the Sony Reader Library directory, so I don't really need ADE for the 350.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
ADE for the MAC doesn't work with the Sony. However, once you've downloaded the book into ADE on the MAC, you can then just drag it from the ADE library folder where the books reside, onto the Sony via the Finder.

Or, move it from ADE to Calibre and use Calibre to transfer it to the Sony.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
However, once you've downloaded the book into ADE on the MAC, you can then just drag it from the ADE library folder where the books reside, onto the Sony via the Finder.

But I don't think that works with DRMed books?
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
However, once you've downloaded the book into ADE on the MAC, you can then just drag it from the ADE library folder where the books reside, onto the Sony via the Finder.

But I don't think that works with DRMed books?
This used to work with my 300, but it doesn't seem to work with my 350.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I must admit I only have the 505, however once I've got the books into ADE, I can copy them from there into the sony by dragging or via Calibre. Calibre will not read them but it will allow a transfer.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote