Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Edinburgh Book Festival

The Edinburgh Book Festival programme comes out tomorrow, 11 June!!

I do love the festival and haven't missed one in the past 12 years.

I understand from various Scottish members that there was a meet-up last year and I'm hoping we might get together this year (I certainly plan to be there and would be happy to meet-up.)

Perhaps everyone who is interested, could have a look at the programme and we can try to come up with a suitable date, time and place?

http://www.edbookfest.co.uk/
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
*sigh* I need to start traveling again
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yay ! scottish meetup !! and also, *snif*, i can't go !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Depending on the date, I'll try and come along... I'll read the program and decide when I'll be about.

Has anyone seen the Sparkly One -- I think she's been missing for a bit...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I haven't seen Mindy 'round here for a long time.

I hope you don't mind I started the thread LazyScot, I was just so excited about the programme coming out (I have no self-control ).
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(Bump!)

For those interested, the program for the book festival is now available, but is somewhat slow to access. Some highlights are on the front page of their website.

Based on past experience, expect the really popular events to sell out within an hour or the Friends' booking open....
Old 06-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #7
Curly
I need a holiday!

Quote:
As well as, or as an alternative to, meeting in the LRB tent (if we can grab a table), we could go for a meal at one of the two La P'tit Folie (appropriate name, or what?!?).
Excellent idea LazyScot!
Old 06-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #8
Curly
I need a holiday!

A few of my favourite authors will be there including: Margaret Atwood, Kate Atkinson, Penelope Leach, Ian Rankin, Neil Gaiman, Garrison Keillor...along with Francesca Simon, Michael Morpurgo, and Paul Stewart for my son.

As it is the year of the homecoming, there seem to be many contemporary Scottish authors -- looking to be a good year.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:13 AM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
A few of my favourite authors will be there including: Margaret Atwood, Kate Atkinson, Penelope Leach, Ian Rankin, Neil Gaiman, Garrison Keillor...along with Francesca Simon, Michael Morpurgo, and Paul Stewart for my son.

As it is the year of the homecoming, there seem to be many contemporary Scottish authors -- looking to be a good year.
Ooh OOh!! I want to attend!!! Who can cover my plane ticket/housing/food costs?? Perhaps in exchange for.... karma?? or an invite to sleep on my floor, should you ever buy your own plane ticket down here? And free bananas and avocadoes off the trees?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:26 AM   #10
Curly
I need a holiday!

We would love to have you...the more the merrier!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #11
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Haven't looked through the programme yet, but should almost certainly be able to float in if the wind's favourable....
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #12
LazyScot
DSil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Haven't looked through the programme yet, but should almost certainly be able to float in if the wind's favourable....
Excellent! I'll remember my dark glasses so the sparkles don't blind me ....
Old 06-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #13
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Please count me in. Fix up the date and time between yourselves, and let me know. I live and work a few minutes walk from Charlotte Square, so can fit easily fit it in.

I might also be interested in going for a meal, but would prefer somewhere a little more informal (and vegetarian-friendly) than La P'tit Folie.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #14
Curly
I need a holiday!

Excellent Mike, I'm glad you'll be able to come -- bring your Kindle!

A more informal vegetarian-friendly place would be great. Where would you recommend?

By the way, I like your website and have visited the site a few times now. We usually have lunch at Henderson's when we're in town, are there other vegetarian places you would recommend?
Old 06-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I hope to be in Edinburgh at the start of the Fringe/Book/Festival. Something like 11th August to 18th August. So I could probably make a meet-up during that first weekend.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote