Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #181
summerdream81
summerdream81 began at the beginning.

Device: sonny reader
Thank You

@JimmXinu
Wow thank you for the fast repliy.
Ahh so simpel !! thats great, now the login is working smoothly. TY very much.

But I still get the same error every time I try to download from twiwrite?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #182
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@summerdream81 - I can probably help if you get me some more information.

Run 'calibre-debug -g' from a command line, try downloading from twiwrite again and copy-paste the command line output here. It should contain more error info.
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #183
summerdream81
summerdream81 began at the beginning.

Device: sonny reader
Debug

Okay here is the debug protokol :

calibre Fehlerdiagnoseprotokoll
calibre 0.8.41
Linux-2.6.38-8-generic-x86_64-with-debian-squeeze-sid
Linux
('Linux', '2.6.38-8-generic', '#42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:31:24 UTC 2011')
Python 2.7.1
Linux: ('debian', 'squeeze/sid', '')
Starting up...
Key u'G' for shortcut Bücher erwerben is already used by An Reader übertragen, ignoring
Key u'G' for shortcut Bücher erwerben is already used by An Reader übertragen, ignoring
Started up in 16.53 seconds with 2173 books
FanFictionDownLoader v1.5.8
url:http://www.twiwrite.net/viewstory.php?sid=785
Exception: {u'comment': u"'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'", u'good': False, u'author': u'Unknown', u'url': u'http://www.twiwrite.net/viewstory.php?sid=785', u'author_sort': u'Unknown', u'calibre_id': None, u'added': False, u'title': u'Unknown'}:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialo gs", line 262, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 428, in get_metadata_for_book
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.fanfi cdownloader.adapters.base_adapter", line 225, in getStoryMetadataOnly
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.fanfi cdownloader.adapters.adapter_twiwritenet", line 131, in extractChapterUrlsAndMetadata
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'
Fetched metadata for 1 of 1

I hope this helps
Old 03-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #184
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I've figured it out.

Try going into your account on twiwrite.net, Edit Preferences and change "I am of the age of consent in my locale..." to Yes.

I'll add an 'is adult' check to that adapter for that case, but it wouldn't be right away.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #185
crochetgeek2010
Enthusiast
crochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Any chance of adding http://www.squidge.org? thanks Laura
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 01:13 AM   #186
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@crochetgeek2010 - Unlikely. It's not just a story site, it's several collections of differently formatted, differently organized stories and pages.

It's one of those sites that's bad enough that I doubt anyone who doesn't read it themselves is going to be interested in writing the adapter.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #187
Zauberlehrling!
Zauberlehrling! began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
I had started to work on an adapter for ksarchive.com, however I hit a snag when I realized that it has two different warnings, which none of the other sites have. I have almost no experience with python and was not sure how to continue. Unfortunately, because of life and school, I have had little time to work on it either.
Oh super, thanks for trying to "crack" this archive. I know what you mean with two different warnings. I don't know why they have it. Is it possible for you to keep trying?
Old 03-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #188
cordy
cordy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Multi warnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
I had started to work on an adapter for ksarchive.com, however I hit a snag when I realized that it has two different warnings, which none of the other sites have. I have almost no experience with python and was not sure how to continue. Unfortunately, because of life and school, I have had little time to work on it either.
Hello, I'm no master, and I don't know if the coding I put together will be approved or not, but I tried to work around a site with 3 warnings, locally I'm able to get the fictions downloaded. If you want I can send you the bit of code I used ... maybe together we will be able to work around the two warnings on your website.

Sam.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #189
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
I forget if I asked about it before, but could you include in the Custom Columns section an option for outputting the various errors for fanfic's? I feel like I did bring it up in an earlier post, but a brief search made me think I probably forgot to ask.

I know one benefit I would get from it would be color coding stories that do get errors as well as filtering them out if I need to run an overwrite always on a couple stories, as well as just keeping general tabs on the various changes; like one fic recently that got a chapter count error because the author revamped their story and compacted chapters together, etc.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #190
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@jackr--That sounds familar, so I expect you did ask before.

This isn't something I'm likely to implement. The internal structure would have to be revamped considerable, plus there's the issue of what to do with errors on new stories that don't have existing books.

IMO, you shouldn't be using update to check for new chapters. That's what the update emails from the sites are for.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #191
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FYI.

Version 1.5.9 - 16 Mar 2012
Remove site gayauthors.org following complaints from the site administration.
New Site: nfacommunity.com
New Site: www.midnightwhispers.ca. Thanks to Sam for implementing these.
Make 'Update Calibre Only' add a new book if no matching book found.
Minor improvement to column updates for new stories.
Improve image support for a couple of obscure cases.
portkeyorg.org only - Write 'Chapter does not exist' chapter when chapter is in list, but does not exist.
Add is_adult check to twiwrite for when user on site is not set to adult.
Change td in portkey chapter text to div for nook.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #192
cordy
cordy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Calibre portable and plugin

Hello,

I have a little problem, I'm running the 0.8.43 calibre portable edition with the plugin activated.

It worked great, until this WE. I didn't change anything, I upgraded to the new version. At first it didn't work, but then I thought maybe it's because the non portable version on the home computer wasn't up to date. I did the update.

And it didn't change a thing, I still had the problem.

When I use the plugin, it grabs the metadata, but doesn't dl the fic.

I tweaked both installs at home, and I was finally able to get it to work. But now, I'm only on the portable version, and the plugin do the same.... grabs the metadata, but not the story itself.

When I look into the "show job details" I have this :

Starting job: Downloading FanFiction Stories
Downloading None
Failed Downloading None: 'title'

doesn't seem too good.... does it?

The fiction I'm trying to grab is here : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5846760/1/My_Fathers_Keeper

Oh and another problem ... I can't configure the plugin this is the error I have....
Can't understand why

calibre, version 0.8.40
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:__init__() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialo gs", line 138, in config
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 150, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.__ini t__", line 68, in config_widget
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

Thanks for any idea.
Sam

Last edited by cordy; 03-19-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: missing point.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #193
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@cordy - I don't think you truly have the latest version of either calibre or the plugin.

The error you show at the end says calibre 0.8.40, not 0.8.43. But that shouldn't make any difference for this problem.

The plugin writes it's version to the calibre job log and has for a number of versions now. It should look like this:
Code:
Download FanFiction Book
FanFictionDownLoader v1.5.9
Adding jobs for URLs:
Plus, the line number in the plugin your exception post references is blank, again indicating version mismatch.

If your plugin version is that old, you're probably bumping into the format change ffnet made a while back.

I'm not familiar with portable installs, so I can't help you with that part.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #194
Brown Betty
Brown Betty began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey, thanks for all of your work on this amazing plugin.

I was pleased to see tth added to the list of supported sites, but trying to download http://www.tthfanfic.org/wholestory....18987#chapter1 fails silently, for me.

Running calibre-debug -g from the terminal produces almost no output (can this be right?) but here is what it does give:

Quote:
Starting up...
Started up in 3.37 seconds with 822 books
FanFictionDownLoader v1.5.9
And nothing appears in the job log.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #195
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

The plugin silently discards URLs (and other text) that it doesn't recognize as story URLs.

To properly chapter a story, you have to use the regular story URL, not the wholestory URL. http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-18987...+With+Care.htm works fine.
Closed Thread