Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
use moibpocket to convert web pages?

I am a long time user of iSilo on the Palm and I have long loved it for its ability to quickly parse web pages. I have recently gotten a blackberry Curve from my work and I'm trying to transfer my e-reading onto it. The only application I have found that looks good is Mobipocket. However, I cannot figure out the best way to convert a web page into a mobi file for the berry. Do I have to download the page as an HTML file, or is there a way to grab a page off the web? I creator the best tool for the job or is there something else?

Hope these aren't dumb questions. I did scan through the forums and couldn't find any mention of these issues. Thanks for any help.
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #2
ich461
ich461 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
exactly same question for me. waiting for answers
ich461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ich461 View Post
exactly same question for me. waiting for answers
Try Calibre. You can get it to download and convert web pages. There are existing plug-ins for many news web sites, and you can write your own.

http://calibre-ebook.com/
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
amberdel
amberdel is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle
Great, I'm about to download calibre and start playing around with it.
amberdel is offline   Reply With Quote