Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #46
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I imported my wife, Aphrael, following one of the Paris Rendezvous.
She's mostly lurking, but beware !
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well there's nothing "familial" about it but i've recently convinced a friend of mine to join : mvisconte. so far he's lurking but i think he'll make a fine llounge llama once he dips a toe in. perhaps a few of us should go over and offer him a zany carter deluxe or three. tell him it's a gin martini and he'll be thrilled to have it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #48
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
My husband really enjoyed meeting all the people at the NoVA meet-up and is always asking me, "What happened on your forum today?" when he get home from work.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
My husband really enjoyed meeting all the people at the NoVA meet-up and is always asking me, "What happened on your forum today?" when he get home from work.
it sounds like he needs an account of his own !
Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #50
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
it sounds like he needs an account of his own !
I've told him he should join, especially when he's reading over my shoulder , but he says he doesn't have time considering how much time I spend here.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #51
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I've told him he should join, especially when he's reading over my shoulder , but he says he doesn't have time considering how much time I spend here.
heh. wise man.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #52
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
heh. wise man.
Too true!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #53
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
You should tell him that people get sucked in gradually, so he won't even notice how much time he spends here until it is too late.

Why does it seem so ominous when it's written while it seemed such a cool way of convincing him to join in my mind ?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #54
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
You should tell him that people get sucked in gradually, so he won't even notice how much time he spends here until it is too late.

Why does it seem so ominous when it's written when it seems such a cool way of convincing him to join in my mind ?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #55
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post

Why does it seem so ominous when it's written when it seems such a cool way of convincing him to join in my mind ?
I think it's the AX!!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #56
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I think it's the AX!!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #57
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Quote:
I think it's the AX!!
Took me a few seconds to get it.
I'm surfing in stealth mode without images to reduce bandwith consumption and website conspicuousness.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #58
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallNHairyDave;
... And as if by magic, the Yeti appeared.

Hello all, I'm Am's husband Dave, aka "The Yeti". Yes she finally got me to join mobileread instead of just lurking!

see you in the Llounge!
Welcome Dave

(alright dave? name like that I bet you're not a trigger fan )
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #59
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
So The Yeti has joined us following Am. Not long ago, VCat joined us following her father, Yvanleterrible. Are there are any other familial pairs at MR? Of course, there was psockpuppet who seemed to have followed pshwynkies. And recently Adrian seems to have displaced Marc who may be somewhere in the Trouser Leg of Time. But I mean besides those.
Kovid Goyal's better half joined and posted a very informative account of the origins of the name Calibre. However, I don't think that we've seen much of her since, alas.

Perhaps all your spouses have already joined and are secretly keeping an eye on you, or even flirting under a different persona.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #60
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Perhaps all your spouses have already joined and are secretly keeping an eye on you, or even flirting under a different persona.
there's a thought which should keep a few of you up at night !