Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-29-2015, 04:00 AM   #736
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Version 4.6.3 is out!
  • Implemented remote bug reporting
  • Minor bug fixes and GUI tweaks
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:32 AM   #737
veldom
veldom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagetonton View Post
every time i open kcc it kills the process before even opening up a screen
i have tried
-messing with compatibility modes
-turning off windows firewall
-restarting the computer
-reinstalled it
-messing with the microsoft visual c++ stuff
This program has worked for me in the past hopefully i can get it to work and would be very much appreciative if anyone could provide some help
i know i could run this through a python console but i use this program frequently
Hello, I have the same problem.

I noticed that kcc.exe start in the process list. Then it opens kindlegen.exe.
After afew seconds they close without showing any window or message error.

Any ideas?
Thank you!
veldom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2015, 04:38 AM   #738
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veldom View Post
Any ideas?
Not really.

Try disable AV for a while.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 09-01-2015 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:34 AM   #739
veldom
veldom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Not really.

Try disable AV for a while.
No luck.
Is there a way to get an error log?
Do you need it?

Any way thank you for your time.
veldom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:07 AM   #740
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

There is no error log. If there was any visible error - it would appear.

You are not first user with this problem - but this issue is still complete mystery.
But your information that KindleGen appear is valuable. Application start and crash somewhere during startup before GUI is initialized.
Advert
Old 09-11-2015, 04:08 AM   #741
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 4.6.4 is out!
  • Fixed multiple Windows specific problems
  • Improved error handling
  • Improved color detection algorithm
  • New, slimmer OS X release
Old 09-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #742
Munif7
Munif7 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
hi guys,

thank you for the hard working on this amazing app.

i'm facing this error every time i want to convert a file. can you help me with this.

[Oversized image removed by moderator]

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-16-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Munif7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #743
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Please make your image smaller.

Yes. It is a bug. I will release 4.6.5 today or tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #744
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

Feel free to update your original post with an appropriately-resized image, or use our attachments feature (in the Go Advanced reply mode).

Thanks.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #745
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 4.6.5 is out!
  • Fixed multiple Windows and OS X issues
  • Allowed Linux release to use older PyQT5 version
Old 09-18-2015, 11:47 AM   #746
lvfmc85
lvfmc85 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Problems converting zip to mobi

Hi, you all.
Thank you very much for the great work.
I have a new kindle PW, I think that the version 3 (300dpi, 6" and 4gb). And I'm facing some problems when I try to convert my mangas to .mobi files.
The KCC says me that the EPUB files were created and starts to create the MOBI files, but it get stuck on that forever. I downloaded the last kindlegen and put the exe on the KCC main folder, I also checked the options "Manga mode"; "Horizontal mode"; "Strecch/Upscale" (full checked this one) and "High/Ultra quality" (half checked this one, for high quality)". I'm using the Kindle Comic Converter 4.6.5 windows version, downloaded from "https://kcc.iosphe.re/" on a Windows 10 x64 machine. My manga is a zip file arranged in subfolders (1 level of sub folders, 8 folder in total) with 50mb and a total of 198 *.jpg files. The convertion to epub works, but the mobi just get stuck.
What I'm I doing wrong?
I also would like to ask if there's any plans to make a azw3 convertion option.

Thank you very much.
lvfmc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #747
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Stuck? That is something new. Please check if any "kindlegen.exe" process is running when KCC stuck. You also might try disable AV during conversion.

KCC already create hybrid MOBI+AZW3 files. And your Kindle is using AZW3 headers. If you for some reason need bare AZW3 you need hit KCC output with KindleUnpack.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 09-18-2015 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #748
lvfmc85
lvfmc85 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Thank you for the response.
I disable my AV (Kaspersky) and try it again. The kindlegen (32bit) process is on my task manager. At the beggining it uses some CPU, after a while it only uses RAM (about 26mb) and none CPU. Nothing happens, I also tryed to use kindlegen in compatible mode (windows 7) and have the same problem.
I don't know what's wrong here, I tryed in 2 different PCS ,with the same result.
My kindlegen version is kindlegen_win32_v2_9, downloaded through the KCC link.
lvfmc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #749
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

In this case create EPUB and using command line start kindlegen and try making mobi from it - let see what it will output.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #750
Dean15
Dean15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Okay, I fixed my problem, thank you

Last edited by Dean15; 09-20-2015 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Sovled
Dean15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools