Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #331
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I did! I did! Had to figure out how to find em first

Of course, it's not looking good for the Leafs right now (or my team, Montreal), both down 3 games to 1 (and Montreal.. not sure HOW many players they have lost already).

Oh well....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #332
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I did! I did! Had to figure out how to find em first

Of course, it's not looking good for the Leafs right now (or my team, Montreal), both down 3 games to 1 (and Montreal.. not sure HOW many players they have lost already).

Oh well....
Don't remind me. My team got swept. Sheesh, Stanley Cup final and lose in 7, out in 5 games in the first round, out in 4 games in the first round... makes you wonder if they will make the playoffs next year.

Sniffle,
David

Hmmmm... the next firmware release will be in goneleafsgone!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #333
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Errrr....

anybody knows why the new release of calibre mentions fw version 2.5.3?
Is it a typo?

/met
met67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #334
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It is deliberate, but I didn't expect it to be mentioned in the calibre notes. I don't know if there will be a 2.5.3, and in fact, I don't expect one. But, if there is, it will be only a bug-fix release and is unlikely to change anything that the calibre driver depends on. Plus, I see the beta firmware and generally get a little warning of what is coming. If something appears in that that will cause a problem, I will make changes to the driver to prevent issues.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #335
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
A new PC Desktop release, 3.2.2, is part of this release.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #336
z000ao8q
Connoisseur
z000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toys

Device: kobo mini
Hello everyone,

i read that after v2
Quote:
As of this point, Kobo is releasing different firmware files for each of their products.
Touch is from //download.kobobooks.com/firmwares/kobo3
Glo is from //download.kobobooks.com/firmwares/kobo4
Mini is from //download.kobobooks.com/firmwares/kobo5 (This is a guess. Doesn't work for 2.1.5).
I am missing functionality on my Mini which is available on 1.9.17 on a touch.
Can I downgrade?
z000ao8q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #337
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z000ao8q View Post
I am missing functionality on my Mini which is available on 1.9.17 on a touch.
Can I downgrade?
Firstly, the guess was wrong. The Mini uses the same firmware package as the Glo and the later models of the Touch.

Firmare 1.9.17 was a good version, but it doesn't have shelves and the home screen was layed out differently. Personally, I don't think you are missing anything. And if you tried to put the older firmware on the device, it would probably brick it. If you really want to try, get another SD card and replace the one in the Mini with it. It might start, but the Touch has a physical Home button and pre-Mini/Glo firmware didn't have the home button in the top left of the screen. Once you leave the home screen, you will not be able to get back.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #338
z000ao8q
Connoisseur
z000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toysz000ao8q shares his or her toys

Hello,
sorry for not being specific enough. I am missing functionality in the linux kernel (RTCWAKE functionality to be exact). the frontend will be disabled anyway so the shelvs don´t matter.

so you are suggesting to try the downgrade with a second SD?
- put the image from the current one to the second
- perform the downgrade (putting the files in .kobo) now
- keep fingers crossed

can I try this way?
when the OS is completely SD based then I could not brick it - or could I?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #339
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, that's basically what I am suggesting. Clone the card to a new one and use it for your testing. Then if it doesn't work, you can put the original card back in to recover. I am pretty sure that will save you from a bricked device.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:07 AM   #340
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
The problem is, as I said to z.and.some.other.random.chars in the other thread, that Mini was released in September 6 2012. It's not clear which firmware started to be applied to Mini. It could be 2.0.0.c. 2.0.2 and 2.1.1 seems to be for Japan only. It could be 2.1.4, when devs started for a period to release different firmwares for Glo, Touch and Mini.

I'd try 2.1.4 for Mini, what do you think about?

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 05-18-2013 at 04:09 AM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #341
z000ao8q
Connoisseur

good suggestion.
I just got my second SD-Card. I will go back version by version
Old 05-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #342
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
As I remember, no one posted a direct link to the Mini download for the first firmware release after the Mini come out. That's why it is listed as a guess.

We have since found out that the Mini is a Mark 4 device and uses the same firmware as the Glo.

I think that was the first release for the Mark 4 devices.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #343
demondog
Enthusiast
demondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: kobo touch
ey hello i need some help please , im trying to downgrade my kobo glo , to 2.4.0 , first what i do is a reset to the device , then i unzip the content on the kobo. file , ok now i unplug and my device start upgrading but when it finish , the kobo keep on asking me to conect computer or wifi for register and when i do that it begins again to make a download of the latest version , so i cant downgrade, i dont know how to do it , what im doing bad? help pls
demondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #344
z000ao8q
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
I'd try 2.1.4 for Mini, what do you think about?
just downgraded to 2.1.4.
unfortunately this is also on Kernel 2.6.35.3-850 and does not solve my problem.
So I´m somehow stuck and think of buying a touch only to get the suspend/wakeup feature :-(
Old 05-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #345
demondog
Enthusiast
demondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: kobo touch
hi , please somebody tell me what are the steps to downgrade my kobo glo, because i reset my kobo and put the 2.4.0 , and when i turn on my kobo this ask me all the time to connect to wifi or pc and then install the latest firmware wich i dont want
demondog is offline   Reply With Quote