Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
gianfri
Connoisseur
gianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony
Recipe for The Week broken?

I have tried to download The Week (free content) this week but all I get is a few pages of headers. It worked last week. Does anybody have the same problem? (And most of all, ideas how to fix it?)

Thank you.

Gianfranco
gianfri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianfri View Post
I have tried to download The Week (free content) this week but all I get is a few pages of headers. It worked last week. Does anybody have the same problem? (And most of all, ideas how to fix it?)

Thank you.

Gianfranco
Have you checked the RSS feed?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
gianfri
Connoisseur
gianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura aboutgianfri has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony
Well, as you can tell, I don't understand very much how this works. However, there is an RSS link on the home page of The Week, but when I click on it nothing happens. Does it mean that their RSS feed is broken and therefore Calibre cannot download the information?
gianfri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianfri View Post
Well, as you can tell, I don't understand very much how this works. However, there is an RSS link on the home page of The Week, but when I click on it nothing happens. Does it mean that their RSS feed is broken and therefore Calibre cannot download the information?
Each recipe has one or more RSS feeds where it gets the articles. If the feed in the recipe no longer works, Calibre can't get the articles. Checking the RSS feed on the home page isn't a perfect test, because you don't know if that's the same link as the feed in the recipe.
Hold on..... I'll check it for you .......

<I'm back>

I checked 3 of the 4 feeds in the recipe marked "The Week Magazine." They were all empty/broken (no articles). That's why it's not working. If you find an RSS feed for that magazine that works, we can fix the recipe for you.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote