Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What name should we use for the era since Zelda joined MobileRead?
AZ - After Zelda / Always Zelda 12 26.09%
WZ - With Zelda 1 2.17%
AZJ - After Zelda Joined 1 2.17%
BP - Blue Period (for being next to the fish) 6 13.04%
AOS - Age of Silliness (and the Ministry thereof) 11 23.91%
XX - Describe in the post 4 8.70%
Call it anything you want as long as it is not late for dinner. 8 17.39%
ZE - Zelda Era (paired with BZE - Before Zelda Era) 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #16
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
The age in search of silly elegance.....
ASSE has a certain ring to it!

WDE
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #17
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post

WDE
I'm liking it! I also like the great psockpuppet plague period (or gppp).

I'm sure there must have been many different lunatics running around here over the years (and many are still here).
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #18
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post

WDE

That's not elegant. ASoSE (pronounced A saucy) is far more elegant. Or if you prefer the Search of Silly Elegance Age. (Thereafter referred to as the "saucy Age").

What think you, o elegant spreader of silliness, Queen Zelda?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
I'm sure there must have been many different lunatics running around here over the years (and many are still here).
and in the category of "greatest understatement (even if that is a bit of an oxymoron...)", for the gold medal, the winner is : curly, with "many different lunatics running around here" !!!

and the crowd goes wild !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #20
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
and in the category of "greatest understatement (even if that is a bit of an oxymoron...)", for the gold medal, the winner is : curly, with "many different lunatics running around here" !!!

and the crowd goes wild !!!
Thank you, thank you!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
That's not elegant. ASoSE (pronounced A saucy) is far more elegant. Or if you prefer the Search of Silly Elegance Age. (Thereafter referred to as the "saucy Age").

What think you, o elegant spreader of silliness, Queen Zelda?
i like either of those !
Old 05-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
GERMANY!
CANADA!
PORTUGAL!
ALABAMA!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #23
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Note to self, make sure you are awake before logging on MobileRead...

I thought this was, "The Edda of MobileRead"... Here I was expecting some epic poem on MR...

All I know is I'm glad Z is here... Along with many, many others...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #24
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
GERMANY!
CANADA!
PORTUGAL!
ALABAMA!
Name:  texas.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  5.6 KB

And TEXAS
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #25
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Note to self, make sure you are awake before logging on MobileRead...

I thought this was, "The Edda of MobileRead"... Here I was expecting some epic poem on MR...
i don't know, sleep-reading can give some pretty psurreal and fun effects ! (not to mention sleep-posting !! )

Quote:
All I know is I'm glad Z is here... Along with many, many others...

-MJ
i'm glad i'm here too, along with many, many others !! (if i were here all alone, i'd be really bored !)
Old 05-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #26
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I went of Age of Silliness, because that's an age that can never end
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #27
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I chose WZ because MR just wouldn't be the same WithOut Zelda and AZ kind of implies that Zelda is no longer with us.

Instead of "The Blue Period", couldn't we have something a little less depressing? Like, oh, I don't know. . . the Golden Age of Zelda?

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #28
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AZ on the poll is sort of poetic, since it also means Arizona, which conjurs images of DesertGrandma, who is our Mistress of Polls.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #29
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I chose WZ because MR just wouldn't be the same WithOut Zelda and AZ kind of implies that Zelda is no longer with us.

Instead of "The Blue Period", couldn't we have something a little less depressing? Like, oh, I don't know. . . the Golden Age of Zelda?

Kaz
Hey! I'm getting jealous! What about DAFFRSON?
(Dark Ages Following the Fearsome Reign of the Snacker of Nations)

And where is RSE with the next installment of his story?)
Old 05-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
AZ on the poll is sort of poetic, since it also means Arizona, which conjurs images of DesertGrandma, who is our Mistress of Polls.

Very nice thought, thank you. Altho my latest one seems to have tanked.

However, I have yet another thought in mind. Working out the logistics. Two more weeks of school, and then I'm free, FREE I say!!! (laughs hysterically and wanders down street.........)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote