Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #61
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
They had so much time to prepare the update... really disappointing

Someone mentioned here that Schools are being served first. Actually, this makes no sense at all to me, since private customers have taken most of the risks and paid the highest prices. Catering those who pay you the least at the expense of your real fans could have no economic justification...
I just started download files (1.53GB) so I hope to check new firmware today
http://www.jetbook.net/update/jetbookcolor
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #62
Friday13th
Enthusiast
Friday13th began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
anybody who installed the update already?
is there a better pdf/ebook reader with rotation support, better zoom mode etc.?
Friday13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #63
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
They had so much time to prepare the update... really disappointing

Someone mentioned here that Schools are being served first. Actually, this makes no sense at all to me, since private customers have taken most of the risks and paid the highest prices. Catering those who pay you the least at the expense of your real fans could have no economic justification...
It only makes no sense to you because you are not a school! I suspect the economic justification is that updates are in the purchase contract.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #64
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday13th View Post
anybody who installed the update already?
is there a better pdf/ebook reader with rotation support, better zoom mode etc.?

According to goodereader this seems to be it:

MAY
New Jetbook Color Firmware Increases Page Turn Speeds
By Michael Kozlowski · Comments 0 Comments and 0 Reactions

Ectaco has just released new firmware for the Jetbook Color e-Reader. This is a massive update that really allows for faster page turn speeds and a ton of new options for the e-ink refresh rate.

Link for FW:
http://www.jetbook.net/update/jetbookcolor
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #65
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Today I got my JetBook Color (*yeah*)

So what firmware do I have to get (if any)for an update? The update page is a little bit confusing. My stats:

The Firmware Plattform version is: 49.37.509
r1302 Spanish 1257
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #66
enjayes
enjayes doesn't litterenjayes doesn't litter

Device: none
Loaded OS without problem. Firmware still down loading. Check http://www.ectaco.com/posts/list/150/78039.page
enjayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #67
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Today I got my JetBook Color (*yeah*)

So what firmware do I have to get (if any)for an update? The update page is a little bit confusing. My stats:

The Firmware Platform version is: 49.37.509
r1302 Spanish 1257
You have the latest version. Mine came with the march update version 1128.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #68
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Just updated to the latest firmware/software. I see no discernable difference in speed of menu operations or page turning in PDFs (I should have timed something first to do a before and after comparison). The new option to do a full page refresh always, every 3 turns or every 5 turns just seems to leave things as they were complete with ghosting (the always setting), or make the problem slightly worse (every 3 turns) or hugely worse (every 5 turns).

I'm still looking forward to having a web browser on it one day, but I've pretty much accepted that it's never going to feel like a quality device (such as my Sonys).

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #69
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Just updated to the latest firmware/software. I see no discernable difference in speed of menu operations or page turning in PDFs (I should have timed something first to do a before and after comparison). The new option to do a full page refresh always, every 3 turns or every 5 turns just seems to leave things as they were complete with ghosting (the always setting), or make the problem slightly worse (every 3 turns) or hugely worse (every 5 turns).

I'm still looking forward to having a web browser on it one day, but I've pretty much accepted that it's never going to feel like a quality device (such as my Sonys).

Andrew
So you are saying in four months time they basically did nothing?
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #70
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
So you are saying in four months time they basically did nothing?
Nothing much that I've noticed after just a quick play.

Maybe it responds a bit quicker than before, I couldn't really say. I've just spent two week's holiday reading by the pool from my Sony PRS-T1 and that's so fast and easy to use that the jetBook Color suffers hugely in comparison.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #71
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
Opera it's a ready product for that kind of platform. Maybe they hadn't bought the licence and they are trying to develop one?

(I'm joking)
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:45 AM   #72
pinguin_do
pinguin_do began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook Color
I also installed the update yesterday.
And the only advantages which are visible are configurable refresh and a slightly faster page turning in big PDFs.
The annoying saving during writing is also moved to the page turning event instead of the stylus lifting.
It seems like they did a quick fix with only very simple changes (using 1 programmer for 3 days in the last 2 Month?) to give us at least something.
The new menu structure visible on the product pictures is not implemented etc...
pinguin_do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #73
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
I'm trying to return my device now, I'll keep you informed about how Ectaco support reacts.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #74
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Now's when Ectaco sent the mail concerning the update.
You guys are all running way ahead. That's perhaps why it did not work.

anyways, I got the mail from Greg, and I'll be downloading in a week, when my download queue has gotten somewhat emptier.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #75
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
New firmware works faster now and tts woks much better too.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote