Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
rutgurt
Enthusiast
rutgurt began at the beginning.

Device: none
first ever LCD headaches

Ive never considered myself to be sensitive to various display screens. I use my iphone 4 for hours and have read plenty of ebooks off my computer monitor and never get a headache. I want to love my kindle fire, and its the first tablet ive ever owned. But for some reason I get a headache using it and actually feel motion sickness. Has anyone ever heard of such a case like this? Is there something different about tablets which could cause this, but not smaller smartphones or bigger computer monitors?
rutgurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
The Fire has a very reflective screen. Is it possible that the glare may be affecting you? Just a guess.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Try turning your screen brightness back up to it's default and using the screen filter app at night. I found if I turned the brightness all the way down, I started getting a headache. It might be due to the refresh rate.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Do NOT use your Kindle Fire in bright light. Instead, use a 3rd Generation Kindle Keyboard or and 4th Generation Kindle Touch or Kindle Keyboard.

Reflective screens cause bad reflections in bright light and are not useable in that environment.

In moderate light used black on white for the Kindle Fire and in very dim light use white on black available from the menu at the bottom of the screen.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgurt View Post
Ive never considered myself to be sensitive to various display screens. I use my iphone 4 for hours and have read plenty of ebooks off my computer monitor and never get a headache. I want to love my kindle fire, and its the first tablet ive ever owned. But for some reason I get a headache using it and actually feel motion sickness. Has anyone ever heard of such a case like this? Is there something different about tablets which could cause this, but not smaller smartphones or bigger computer monitors?
Are you playing games or just reading and surfing when this happens?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
Try turning your screen brightness back up to it's default and using the screen filter app at night. I found if I turned the brightness all the way down, I started getting a headache. It might be due to the refresh rate.
I leave the brightness all the way down and use Screen Filter app at 67% then in the dark it's 45%. Never an issue with headache. I can't use the Kindle app though it's too bright at night. That would give me a headache. I use Mantano.

If it's glare issue a screen protector will fix it or a skin around the edges.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
If you are playing games with flashing lights, that could be a problem. Those with tendencies to epilepsy or other diseases can have episodes triggered by them.

If you still get them, see a doctor. Something else could be wrong and definitely do NOT play those kinds of games.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
If you are playing games with flashing lights, that could be a problem. Those with tendencies to epilepsy or other diseases can have episodes triggered by them.

If you still get them, see a doctor. Something else could be wrong and definitely do NOT play those kinds of games.
Flashing lights, Sonic type games make me ill and give me headaches. When Sims 3 came out they were saying it would burn out your Video card unless you used a Frame limiter and to set it to 30fps. I tried it but it made me so sick I had up to settings to 60fps or I got seriously ill.

I have no issues on the Fire but I don't play games other then Angry Birds.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
markkenzy
Enthusiast
markkenzy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch, Kindle Fire
maybe just because Kindle Fire provide us quite high resolution with a relatively small screen...
markkenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #10
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Ugh. I feel for you. I don't get them all the time, but when I do...I'm cranky and miserable. I just try to take regular breaks if I'm using an LCD in less-than-desirable lighting conditions.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote