Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
SpaceCase42
SpaceCase42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (3rd gen)
Character error when converting to .MOBI

I just started using Calibre, but I've already gotten PDF files to convert well enough for me to be able to use them. Unfortunately I'm having trouble converting a few of the PDFs. Every time the character ' appears in the PDF, Calibre places a " in the final .MOBI file. I've tried messing with input and output settings but it doesn't seem to have really helped. I am also unaware of any way to edit .MOBI files. Can anyone give some helpful suggestions as to what I should do?
SpaceCase42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118605 help?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
SpaceCase42
SpaceCase42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (3rd gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Sadly it does not.
SpaceCase42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #4
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCase42 View Post
Every time the character ' appears in the PDF, Calibre places a " in the final .MOBI file.
Have you tried using search&replace? Copy ' from the code-preview for the regex, and type in ' in the replacement text.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:25 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCase42 View Post
I just started using Calibre, but I've already gotten PDF files to convert well enough for me to be able to use them. Unfortunately I'm having trouble converting a few of the PDFs. Every time the character ' appears in the PDF, Calibre places a " in the final .MOBI file. I've tried messing with input and output settings but it doesn't seem to have really helped. I am also unaware of any way to edit .MOBI files. Can anyone give some helpful suggestions as to what I should do?
Convert to ePub, edit the ePub and then convert to Mobi. Or convert to HTML, edit the HTML, and then convert to Mobi.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert