Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #226
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Same promo as above, except Amazon is adding an additional 250 coins to the pot. I just tried it and had $1.99 (no tax) subtracted from my appstore credit. A few minutes later, I received 449 coins.

Get 449 Amazon Coins for spending $1.99
I tried this one, but all I get when I select MLB.com Team Shop is a msg “Something didn’t work right…try again?” And of course trying again doesn’t work. I tried both Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #227
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I tried this one, but all I get when I select MLB.com Team Shop is a msg “Something didn’t work right…try again?” And of course trying again doesn’t work. I tried both Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.
That's too bad. I didn't have any problems. The banner popped right up for me when I opened MapQuest for the first time. I did it on a Nexus 4.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #228
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's too bad. I didn't have any problems. The banner popped right up for me when I opened MapQuest for the first time. I did it on a Nexus 4.
Do you have parental controls on? I thought that might be a problem so I turned it off but it still didn't work l. Is this the only way to require a password for purchases? That's why I have it turned on.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #229
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Do you have parental controls on? I thought that might be a problem so I turned it off but it still didn't work l. Is this the only way to require a password for purchases? That's why I have it turned on.
I have parental controls turned off. I don't think it's the only way. It gave me the option to always require a password for in-app purchases while I was making the purchase.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #230
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I don't think this promo works if you already have MapQuest. I deleted it from my account and started over. It took awhile to disappear; but once it was gone, I downloaded it from my Nexus.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #231
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have parental controls turned off. I don't think it's the only way. It gave me the option to always require a password for in-app purchases while I was making the purchase.
Did it require you to enter a password the first time you made an in-app purchase? I wish I could set it up to require a password for every purchase whether in-app or not.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #232
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Did it require you to enter a password the first time you made an in-app purchase? I wish I could set it up to require a password for every purchase whether in-app or not.
Yes, it did. Can't you go into the settings and change it?
Old 06-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #233
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, it did. Can't you go into the settings and change it?
The only thing I found to require a password was in parental controls - is there a setting somewhere else?
Old 06-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #234
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
The only thing I found to require a password was in parental controls - is there a setting somewhere else?
I checked, and it appears so. I decided to turn on parental controls.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #235
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Same promo as above, except Amazon is adding an additional 250 coins to the pot. I just tried it and had $1.99 (no tax) subtracted from my appstore credit. A few minutes later, I received 449 coins.

It might not work for everyone - YMMV

Get 449 Amazon Coins for spending $1.99
I got only 60, as the person I complained to about the charge on my cc did a return, not a credit and coin reduction, so I had to repurchase. Apparently "new customer" means to Mapquest's MLB store (the first time I got 199).

My second time around, coins were used, as I used my Fire (despite the promo telling you to use a generic Android device, as that was what I used when it didn't properly charge my coin balance).

So, had to chat with support and get the extra coins added.

I suspect people getting an extra 250 are ones that are doing their FIRST purchase on the free w/ bonus list (I got mine long ago) and those come with the free app.

Oh, and I did have to pay tax on the MLB add-on, so it was a net loss of 19 coins, for me (and ignoring the value of the time spent going thru it all).
Old 06-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #236
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I suspect people getting an extra 250 are ones that are doing their FIRST purchase on the free w/ bonus list (I got mine long ago) and those come with the free app.
I got that same 250 coin bonus last year too. So for me, I got a second 250 coin bonus. The site I linked to even mentioned it and didn't know why it was happening.

Quote:
It is unclear right now why most people are receiving an extra 250 coins. Amazon has been running a long time promotion which rewards you 250 coins for your first purchase of select apps. We, like many others receiving the extra 250 coins with this MapQuest promotion, have received our “first purchase” reward long ago so it is unclear if the extra 250 coins here are related.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #237
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I got that same 250 coin bonus last year too. So for me, I got a second 250 coin bonus. The site I linked to even mentioned it and didn't know why it was happening.
Have you made an in-app purchase before? Maybe that's what it's for?

I just installed MapQuest on my old Nexus 7 and finally got my 449 coins!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:07 AM   #238
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Have you made an in-app purchase before? Maybe that's what it's for?
There's a thought. This was my first in-app purchase. The nice thing about this promo was being able to convert $1.99 in credits to 199 coins; thereby extending the expiration date to a year.

Quote:
I just installed MapQuest on my old Nexus 7 and finally got my 449 coins!
Cool

BTW, which team did you get? I don't care for sports that much, so I got the local guys - Mariners.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #239
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
There's a thought. This was my first in-app purchase. The nice thing about this promo was being able to convert $1.99 in credits to 199 coins; thereby extending the expiration date to a year.

Cool

BTW, which team did you get? I don't care for sports that much, so I got the local guys - Mariners.
I got the local guys as well - the Phillies.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #240
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Just thought I'd share a suggestion, I bought Monument Valley for 399 coins. It doesn't give you anything back, but it was a nice buy with my thousands of coins I still have to spend through.

It's a short game, only having 10 levels, that will take a few hours, but it's still great. I just got done with it after a play through all this morning. It's very FEZ like in a sense that you have to move the world around to make the pathways.

The visuals are very tablet worthy.
Closed Thread