Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
heafland
heafland plays well with othersheafland plays well with othersheafland plays well with othersheafland plays well with othersheafland plays well with othersheafland plays well with othersheafland plays well with othersheafland plays well with othersheafland plays well with othersheafland plays well with othersheafland plays well with others

Device: Kindle
paperwhite collections problem

I have approx 500 items and most of them are prc files. After I copies all my files to the paperwhite documents folder, I realized the paperwhite does not use json file to store collection information anymore! I have 3 kindles prior to paperwhite, and each of them are able to use this json file to restore my collection. and I just realized the paperwhite is structured totally different. and even the file that was used to adjust font size and line spacing is gone as well! I spent a few hours tried everything I could to recover my collection, the cloud import only import a few files that I previously uploaded to the amazon cloud and still left hundreds of un-sorted items. The new kindle search function also has changed, it will not search the annotations anymore! I previously type special notes on each items so it would be easily to search within the kindle. All of those hard work down the drain.

The whole paperwhite experience has been a nightmare. I do not understand why Amazon removes those useful files and functions. I tried to download collection manager software, and the collection i created on pc does not appear on paperwhite.

But it seems that everyone is loving this device. Could someone help me out?

1. collection issue
  2. line spacing issue
heafland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
1/ ixtab's Collections Manager

2/ No dice (The possible tweaks on the K2/3/4 were fairly useless anyway, and KF8 introduced even more fun to this setting...).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-06-2012 at 11:20 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert