Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-11-2016, 04:06 AM   #61
mbkimberley
Enthusiast
mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.mbkimberley can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
e-books have become my hoarding addiction! There is no way I would have enough room in my house for all my books, but my kindle is stuffed full and I don't even know if I will read em all
mbkimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #62
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
I can still remember reading Donald Duck comic books and seeing pictures of Scrooge McDuck rolling around in his piles of money. That's how I feel browsing through my Calibre library.
I still read the Donald Duck! (weekly subscription). Not on my e-ink reader though, I'd miss the colours too much
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #63
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
What can I say, I am a compulsive eBook hoarder and eBook reader. I like having my own library at hand. Although most of my 16k books are either freebies or PD, I purchase a lot of indies and a few favored authors whose books I read without fail as soon as they come out.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #64
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I bow to your excesses! I think I am a hoarder as well but I only have about 4k ebooks (and three floor to ceiling bookcases stuffed full... Perhaps its time I began to replace those with ebooks, and turn that room back into a bedroom). I'll never get through all those books before I drop off the perch, but I'm enjoying the effort to do so. I do need to prune, though, from those early heady days of discovering Amazon freebies.

I buy mostly per author. I love Scifi, so my favourite authors are people like Ben Bova and Stephen Baxter. Having read most of theirs, I now await their latest, and "latest" from favourite authors is what I buy. Otherwise its PD or freebies.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:09 PM   #65
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I'm building a library, not a reading list. Did the same with paper books. My roommate is thankful I've mostly switched, because he grew tired of building more bookshelves for the dining room.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #66
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Why? Because they keep coming out with new ones.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #67
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Why? Because they keep coming out with new ones.
Plus, I find myself becoming interested in different subjects.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #68
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Apparently, because . . .

I still have money!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #69
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

But the 90% multi-use Kobo coupons got me good. And if you went through ebates.com, the discount was 95%. Good times! But as with all benders, there's got to be a morning after.
Those were the best!
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #70
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
My wife tells everyone that at least I don't spend all of my money on cigarettes and booze.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #71
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
I slowed down with book purchases quite a bit. Now I usually only get what I'll read next, unless it's an entry in a series I'm already committed to. I also avoid getting into unfinished series, unless they are never ending ones.

I'm generally on a more minimalist trip lately where I'm more critical of what I buy, and when. Doesn't work so well in every area of my life (I have eight ukuleles...), but with e-books and games it seems to go okay.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:09 AM   #72
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I am buying fewer and fewer books.
Reasons:
I am cheap.
Seems the same books are being advertised.

Now as to the freebies, Back in 2013, I got lucky and met online several newer very good authors. Most ran specials. Now before that time, I tended to download any freebie that caught my eye.
90% of those were not worth the download.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote