Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 06:03 AM   #1
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
REMIX: an entertaining page turner

Caz Tallis is living her dream, restoring rocking horses in her London workshop.
A chance encounter with the shabby but charismatic Joe and his dog (called Dog) leads her into investigating a missing rock star and a murder that happened three years ago. Which, as her best friend James says, is rather like poking a furnace with a short stick…

I've just epublished Remix on Smashwords, and am offering it FREE for a week with the coupon code QE49G.

The most frequent comment I've had from readers is that it's an effortless read - and it's guaranteed typo-free.

Why not give it a go?
Lexi Revellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Darn, this must be SO frustrating for you all. So many people have rushed to take advantage of my unrepeatable offer that Smashwords' server is having a hissy fit.

I can only suggest you try again later...
Old 08-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Ah, the old Smashwords traffic jam appears again.

I am in the middle of reading Remix and I would like to say that it is worth a bit of patience to obtain, with or without the very nice coupon offer.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Thanks for the coupon code! Looks fab.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Thanks for the coupon code! Looks fab.
Thanks, Banjo. And hey, the link's working again...
Old 08-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Thanks for the coupon, Lexi. As others have commented, it does look interesting. Nice artwork, too. Is that you on the cover? She looks somewhat like your profile pic, but it's hard to tell ...
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Thanks for the coupon, Lexi. As others have commented, it does look interesting. Nice artwork, too. Is that you on the cover? She looks somewhat like your profile pic, but it's hard to tell ...
That's my daughter on the cover - well spotted. I'm flattered you see a resemblance!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
Just snagged it, thanks!
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lexi, the metadata on the mobi edition has the book titled "Heart Of Rock". Was that an earlier, working title?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
dreamsgate
Connoisseur
dreamsgate doesn't litterdreamsgate doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
Thank you very much, I just downloaded it, it looks to be a good read.
dreamsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #11
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Working title

Quote:
Lexi, the metadata on the mobi edition has the book titled "Heart Of Rock". Was that an earlier, working title?
Hi Moe,

Hope Lexi doesn't mind if I answer. What with her being in London, I imagine she's snoozing right now. I have been following her progress with this book for a while and I'm currently reading pre-release ebook file myself. Heart of Rock was the last working title for "Remix".
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:26 AM   #12
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Thanks, Alan, I've just woken up.

Thanks, Moe, for telling me. I'll see if I can correct it.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #13
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

Thanks Lexi (and Alan). I'm on Chapter 8 and it's really good so far. As Lexi promised in her opening post, it is an effortless read and I have found no typos.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
Lexi Revellian
Groupie

Quote:
Thanks Lexi (and Alan). I'm on Chapter 8 and it's really good so far. As Lexi promised in her opening post, it is an effortless read and I have found no typos.
Woot! I hope the UK spelling isn't too distracting.

I'm uploading a new copy - I found the working title on the Properties, Details of the original Word document, and maybe that's where the wrong metadata came from? I'm so ignorant about this...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #15
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

I'm from Canada, so the UK spelling is fine. I was more distracted by the London locale: I know the Gherkin, because I googled it recently after seeing it in a movie (maybe James Bond?), but I don't know "The Eye". And all the neighbourhoods and villages mentioned mean a quick trip to Google Maps is in order. But, my lack of knowledge about UK geography doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the story!

I'm not sure how the metadata gets into the mobi file either ... sorry.

Tags
compelling, easy read, feel good, free, page turner