Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 05:02 AM   #1
denodan
Enthusiast
denodan doesn't litterdenodan doesn't litter

Device: iriver Story
Just got an iriver Story, and first impressions

Just got an iriver today. My first imressions are looks good, is solid, good looking, well built, nice clear screen, and easy and to hold. keyboard works well, buttons are nice and clicky.

The bad is, I wished it did not just have 3 preset zoom levels, they work ok, but wished you had more control over the zoom level. hate the zoom level when it comes to PDF files, why not the same type of zoom like in epud format?

The manual is a bit slim and does not go into detail, like how to set time, or controls, etc, so a very poor instruction book.

But a very nice ebook reader and worth buying. Seems with each firmware update the iriver Story improves not only in features, but speed.

When mine arrived, for some reason it was opened by customs, so was stung with G.S.T

Who needs internet on an ebook reader? Totally not needed as your computer allready has internet. Not any disadvantage downloading ebooks and putting them into the iriver story, the good thing is your not restricted to any one type of format.

I have read where many ebook readers have internet connection, but works poorly, so I don't think I am missing out not having this feature.

I highly recommend the iriver Story, a great ebook reader. The beauty of the iriver Story is the screen is not shiny, so no glare from lights, or sun makes it easy to read with better contrast.

So anyone who is thinking about getting an iriver Story, don't think about it, just go out and get one. So far I like it a lot.

For some reason it was inspected and opened by customs, thought those days where gone with xraying everything, there is no need to open most things?

Also must be the latest version as it came with firmware 1.61, but updated it to 1.71 with no problems.

Last edited by denodan; 04-30-2010 at 05:06 AM.
denodan is offline   Reply With Quote