Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Howdy

Hello from a new member here. I have been reading ebooks for over 15 years now. I started out with using a desktop pc and then moved on to a Palm III followed by a HP Jornada 520 for portable use. Right now I am using an old Toshiba Satellite 2535 CDS. I use uBook for my main reader program and also used that along with Microsoft Reader on the Jornada. I have aquired a nice library of about 5,000 titles over the years.

I have been thinking about picking up a dedicated reader for a while now and finally bought an Astak Pocket Pro on eBay and am just waiting for it to show up. I'm now trying to clean up my library and get rid of duplicates using Calibre so it's ready to load when the Astak shows up.

I have been doing some lurking around here and have found tons of great info and want to say thanks for that.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:12 AM   #2
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. As an avid reader you may want to check out this section of the forum where forum member post their lovingly formatted eBooks.

There is heaps of info, fun and reading recommendations here so the perfect place for a bookworm.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 05:16 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello and welcome to MobileRead, kdf9511! Great to see you here and look forward to seeing you around the forums. I have an Astak Pocket Pro and am happy with it. Hopefully yours will arrive real soon. Good to see you are using Calibre; it is a great program.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi kdf9511 and welcome to MobileRead. Like you, I started reading on a PED, in my case, an iPaq. Used the Microsoft Reader and liked it fine. That is, till I spotted a Sony 500 while wandering mindlessly through the MicroCenter Computer store. One look and I was hopelessly hooked. Ended up getting the 505 which came out about that time and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	books_wel.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	45282 to Mobileread, kdf9511.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi kdf9511 and welcome to MobileRead. Like you, I started reading on a PED, in my case, an iPaq. Used the Microsoft Reader and liked it fine. That is, till I spotted a Sony 500 while wandering mindlessly through the MicroCenter Computer store. One look and I was hopelessly hooked. Ended up getting the 505 which came out about that time and really like it.
Yea I have been wanting a dedicated reader for a long time. Pretty much since I saw the old Rocket ebook for the first time. I just kept telling myself that I couldn't justify spending that much money on a device that just did one thing. I had been looking at netbooks and new laptops but just haven't found the right one so I decided to splurge on myself and bought a reader.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote