Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
snooman
snooman began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Questions for PRS-300 owners - font support etc

Hello all,

Long time reader of the MobileRead forums - first time user.

I've owned a Cybook Gen3 for a about a year and a half (purchased it via NAEB before it disappeared). Had to send it back once for a display fault that caused half the screen to stop refreshing (expensive shipping from Aus to France but that's the gamble I took), and the display has just recently gone completely (apparently due to flexing). I'm looking at 100 Euros for a new display plus shipping in both directions.

So... I need a new eBook reader.

I like the idea of the smaller form factor on the Sony PRS-300 but have a few questions for PRS-300 owners out there:

1. have any of you gone from a 6" reader to a 5"? If so have you missed the extra screen real estate?

2. I have some secure Mobi books purchased from FictionWise - will I be able to read these on the PRS-300?

3. I like my font size fairly small (second smallest on the Cybook from memory), and I changed it to a sans-serif font as it seemed a bit crisper that way - does the PRS-300 support multiple font types?

4. Is the case strong and likely to prevent flexing of the eInk display? This is my worry after what happened to my Gen3 event though it was in the leather case.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciate.

Cheers,

Sean
snooman is offline   Reply With Quote