Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Touch (Glow) List Display Bug

Lists aren't correctly displayed (tested with FW2.1.4)

The "column" width seems te be to small. It only shows the first number or letter.

So '10', '11' etc. is displayed as '1'.
'i', 'iii', 'iv' etc. is displayed as 'i'.
'vi','vii' etc. as 'v'.

See attached epub file.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Kobo_list_bug.epub (2.0 KB, 290 views)
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That is happening here on a Touch with 2.1.6.

I'm sure I have seen this work correctly in the past. Anyone with an older firmware want to test?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Same problem on 2.0.0 (r41166) on the Touch.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #4
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is happening here on a Touch with 2.1.6.

I'm sure I have seen this work correctly in the past. Anyone with an older firmware want to test?
Hi. Do you really mean 2.1.6? We haven't even had the 2.1.4 update yet in the UK, is there a later release we unaware of? Thanks
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
Hi. Do you really mean 2.1.6? We haven't even had the 2.1.4 update yet in the UK, is there a later release we unaware of? Thanks
I think 2.1.6 might be the firmware that was developed to fix the SD card spontaneous reboot bug in 2.1.4 and is currently being tested (apparently also by Davidfor). So no, not available yet to non-testers. I'm guessing 2.1.4 won't be rolled out to you any more, next update will probably be 2.1.6 (or higher if 2.1.6 still contains bugs).
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
It's a version for testing the problem with epub, SD card and sleep. I think Kobo has upped the revision number so that there is no confusion about what revision people have on their devices when they re-release the firmware. But it might just be in the test builds and they go back to 2.1.4.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
RG1
RG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with others

Device: Sony PRST-2, Kobo touch
It is not a bug. It's a suboptimal definition in css standard.
If you use a list like ul, ol with default value for list-style-position (outside), you will get what you see (more or less).

CSS 2.1 standard:
The marker box is outside the principal block box. CSS 2.1 does not specify the precise location of the marker box or its position in the painting order, but does require that for list items whose 'direction' property is 'ltr' the marker box be on the left side of the content and for elements whose 'direction' property is 'rtl' the marker box be on the right side of the content.

I don't think, that kobo will change the behavior of the user agent. But you can put a left margin in.

ol.sgc-4 {list-style: upper-roman; margin-left: 16px}

Last edited by RG1; 10-13-2012 at 06:17 PM.
RG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Ok, that makes sense. But, it didn't work.

I tried this with a couple of different margin sizes. The position changes as expected, but it still only shows one character of the list number.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
RG1
RG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with others

Device: Sony PRST-2, Kobo touch
O.K. - I take it back and tell the opposite . It is a bug in kobos user agent.
The marker box is to small and doesn't overflow. The list-items are not shifted to the right. I tried everything in the css but can not change that strange behavior.
RG1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug report, list