Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Kindle Fire wont start past logo

I just called Kindle support they are sending me a replacement. I had not rebooted the Kindle since the firmware update. When I restarted it is stuck on the Kindle Fire screen.

I will not be putting any Go! on my replacement I don't know if it's the cause a bad firmware update but I am taking no chances with the replacement.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just called Kindle support they are sending me a replacement. I had not rebooted the Kindle since the firmware update. When I restarted it is stuck on the Kindle Fire screen.

I will not be putting any Go! on my replacement I don't know if it's the cause a bad firmware update but I am taking no chances with the replacement.
So sorry that happened but glad Kindle CS is so quick to replace. I've rebooted mine a few times since installing 6.2.2 and have had no issues. I tried a few alternate launchers early on (around 6.1.0 time frame) but didn't like them so I uninstalled them.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
So sorry that happened but glad Kindle CS is so quick to replace. I've rebooted mine a few times since installing 6.2.2 and have had no issues. I tried a few alternate launchers early on (around 6.1.0 time frame) but didn't like them so I uninstalled them.
I really like Go! which worked fine before the update. He actually ask me if I dropped it! Which I replied. "No sir! I baby all my Kindles they have their own shelf."

I lost my Angry Birds progress.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Try not to go into withdrawal why waiting for the replacement! I've grown to depend on my Fire. I hardly ever use my K3 or K4 anymore. Are they shipping the replacement overnight?
Old 01-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Try not to go into withdrawal why waiting for the replacement! I've grown to depend on my Fire. I hardly ever use my K3 or K4 anymore. Are they shipping the replacement overnight?
No 2 day shipping. I am already having withdrawals.
Luckily I have all my books and apps backed up just lost my game progress. I had just made it to episode 4. *sigh*

I also have to order a new screen protector too.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Okay been doing some reading and it looks like a few others have the same problem after 2.2 update. They didn't mention though if they used another launcher.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
I haven't shut mine down since the update. I'm afraid to now but I also think that maybe I should so I will know if it is going to freeze up now rather than later. Had you made the changes recommended by peeps regarding making the background stay? The only thing I have done is set up how I want it to look, with the exception to the background.

On the fence but I'll probably pull the plug so I don't worry and wonder.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
I haven't shut mine down since the update. I'm afraid to now but I also think that maybe I should so I will know if it is going to freeze up now rather than later. Had you made the changes recommended by peeps regarding making the background stay? The only thing I have done is set up how I want it to look, with the exception to the background.

On the fence but I'll probably pull the plug so I don't worry and wonder.
I had Go! launcher installed and and rotating wallpaper. I had the wallpaper app not to start at boot. I can't say if one or the other is the cause or a bad firmware update.

I can say I rebooted with Go! before the update just fine. After googling it looks like it could be either that is the cause.

So either a bad update or Go! is the culprit or it just decided to die at that time.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-24-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
I just rebooted and it came back...big sigh of relief! I did not remove Go Launcher. Sorry to hear your's crashed and burned.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
I just rebooted and it came back...big sigh of relief! I did not remove Go Launcher. Sorry to hear your's crashed and burned.
*phew* so happy to hear that! Do you have the wallpaper app installed?

Where did you get your Go! Launcher from?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Good news Jack! I just got a email from UPS Choice alerts they are coming tomorrow! So only tonight I have to get by.

I ordered screen protectors too looks like he may be making another trip the day after.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Good news Jack! I just got a email from UPS Choice alerts they are coming tomorrow! So only tonight I have to get by.

I ordered screen protectors too looks like he may be making another trip the day after.
Cool!

I have rebooted mine a few times since updating to 6.2.2 because it tends to slow down quite a bit. I cannot remember when it started doing that, pre or post 6.2.2, but it gets annoying. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen occasionally.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Cool!

I have rebooted mine a few times since updating to 6.2.2 because it tends to slow down quite a bit. I cannot remember when it started doing that, pre or post 6.2.2, but it gets annoying. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen occasionally.
I had no slow downs it worked fine till this morning.

The only loss is my very expensive screen protector. So I ordered two cheap dry ones instead of the wet kind.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #14
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Overnight charge?

Quote:

Did you try an overnight charge followed by several 30 second holds on the start button?

When my Kindle Fire or Kindle Keyboard lock, that process seems to always fix the problem.

I revived my Garmin GPS and my Now Bible as well with that overnight charge. I believe these Lithium batteries made in China may have some problems.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-24-2012 at 06:38 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Did you try an overnight charge followed by several 30 second holds on the start button?

When my Kindle Fire or Kindle Keyboard lock, that process seems to always fix the problem.

I revived my Garmin GPS and my Now Bible as well with that overnight charge. I believe these Lithium batteries made in China may have some problems.
It's not a battery issue. It's stuck at boot with a full battery. I've tried everything I know to do.