Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #721
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
I have pushed a new commit to github. Consider it WIP, a technology preview, an alpha version, or whatever sounds provisional enough to you It doesn't include menu collation but it has menu caching and several bug fixes/improvements. One more step towards the next official KUAL release.

I would like to thank all the people who have given me reputation. I just discovered that there's a list of them in my forum options section! I'm so ignorant about these things. Now, can someone tell me what good is reputation for? I really don't know.

And my biggest, heartfelt thank you goes to twobob for having sent me a Kindle 3 to continue development on lower devices. It's not that twobob had a spare unit to give away like that. He actually went actively looking for one, negotiated to get it repaired at cost, jailbroke and configured it, and shipped it to me - I suspect that he even had to take money out of his pocket. Thank you twobob dude
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #722
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
A million karma points and $2 will buy you (at least a cheap) cup of coffee in most places in the world.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #723
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
A million karma points and $2 will buy you (at least a cheap) cup of coffee in most places in the world.
Lucky me I drink tea!
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #724
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KUAL Project Support

Busy, busy, busy - -
The KUAL project wiki is being made ready for general public use (someday, RSN).

Worth browsing from time to time to watch the changes taking effect:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com

The role this site will play in the KUAL Project will be that of "Describe, Discuss and Distribute" all things KUAL related.
With the addition of the "General" information web.

Why another Wiki ?

Ah, thought no one would ever ask (no, it isn't so you can turn off AdBlockPlus in your web browser but you could);

This support site engine is TWiki, a Structured Wiki.
  • The site is a container for "Webs of Information" - known as "Webs" (the software package dates back to before "Web" gained its now common meaning of "Internet World Wide Web").
  • Each "Web" is a container for "Topics" - which is a "Top Level" wiki page type.
  • Each "Topic" is a container for additional wiki pages.

Note: : New user registration is still disabled but that will change once the overall configuration and layout tasks are closer to complete.

This site is only one part of the KUAL project support.
Some of the other parts (getting close to "going public" also):

Last edited by knc1; 04-23-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #725
tangerinerick
tangerinerick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
newb

Sorry, new to all this, got to the point of copying the KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 file over to the documents folder, but it doesn't seem to show up on my device?

have installed prerequisites, ok, I think, followed the instructions this thread and a few other support replies to get this far. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Cheers for any help.
tangerinerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #726
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
PW: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...64850#download Version 5.3.5

JB Survives, Dev certs survive, Kindlet JB needs a reinstall after the update.
(Find it in the KUAL Prerequisites)

Received a "Rebooting your Kindle" message first time I ran KUAL which I cancelled off then KUAL ran as expected.

Noticed a weird reboot (non kual-related) the first time I accessed the OSK.
Symptom did not repeat.

USBnetworking needed a reinstall.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2169819

To restore "useful" custom application access I undertook the additional steps outlined in
http://kual.knetconnect.com/kindles-...g-custom-apps/

@tangerinerick Are you sorting by "Books" perhaps? Check your "Sorting" options.

@knc1 Nice work and write up!

@Antoinekamel JBPATCH Does NOT survive.

Last edited by twobob; 04-24-2013 at 06:30 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #727
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
@twobob -- your next post should be in the posting milestones thread (you're at 4999)!
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #728
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
KUAL Project Support
@knc1 Nice work and write up!
Thanks!
After three days of including site package extensions "behind the scenes";
I think I am ready to tackle that huge ButtonList.

The hope is to come up with something more end-user friendly and behind the scenes more maintainer friendly.
At least I hope so.

Last edited by knc1; 04-24-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #729
tangerinerick
tangerinerick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks @twobob.

Seems I was copying the .sig file over instead of the .szw2.
tangerinerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #730
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Busy, busy, busy - -
The KUAL project wiki is being made ready for general public use (someday, RSN).

Worth browsing from time to time to watch the changes taking effect:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com

The role this site will play in the KUAL Project will be that of "Describe, Discuss and Distribute" all things KUAL related.
With the addition of the "General" information web.

Why another Wiki ?

Ah, thought no one would ever ask (no, it isn't so you can turn off AdBlockPlus in your web browser but you could);

This support site engine is TWiki, a Structured Wiki.
  • The site is a container for "Webs of Information" - known as "Webs" (the software package dates back to before "Web" gained its now common meaning of "Internet World Wide Web").
  • Each "Web" is a container for "Topics" - which is a "Top Level" wiki page type.
  • Each "Topic" is a container for additional wiki pages.

Note: : New user registration is still disabled but that will change once the overall configuration and layout tasks are closer to complete.

This site is only one part of the KUAL project support.
Some of the other parts (getting close to "going public" also):
A preliminary example of how "Action Items" on the project support site are tracked (as part of each user's profile page):
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/MikeTwo

The "Issue Tracker" web (Bugs) is now included in overall site listing.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #731
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
A preliminary example of how "Action Items" on the project support site are tracked (as part of each user's profile page):

The "Issue Tracker" web (Bugs) is now included in overall site listing.
And now its heading is a "Spoiler View" - -
Displays in "Show" mode the first time browser views the page -
Afterwards, remembers its last setting ("Show" or "Hide") in a browser cookie.

(Well, if your browser supports JavaScript it does.)
Old 04-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #732
knc1
Going Viral

And the "Folding Heading" thing lets me put the personal action item list (to-do list) onto the same page.
(getting rid of 3 of the 4 templates and an entire extra page per profile on the site)

Whoot!

The first time you view the page, both headings will be in "Show" mode, after the first view, your browser will remember if they should be open or closed.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #733
knc1
Going Viral

Almost Macro'd to death

Ever see something in a Wiki that you think needs to be changed, and later forget where that spot was in the zillion pages?

Ah, not going to happen on the KUAL wiki.

Demo of the Action Items section in a user's profile page:
(Check the "raw view" that is mostly just three macros.)

Each of those headings are also "Spoilers" as they are called in this forum.
Click open, Click closed, your browser remembers how you set them last.

Took a bit (like a week's worth) of programming:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bi...ActionTracking

Still a few rough edges to polish off ;
Then, create a custom (for us) User's Profile template ;
And finally, enable new user registrations.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #734
kaito
Connoisseur
kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: k3w, gloHD
I have installed the certificates on my k3wifi and KUAL works. I do a full reboot and it still works, but as soon as I enable Wifi I get a message saying Test Kindle installation is disabled and "device is not registered as a Test Kindle" message appears every time I try to run KUAL. My k3w is not registered to any account on amazon ("Registered User: (blank)") and I don't want to do that. What can I do? Is that the reason it keeps failing when wifi is enabled? I re-install the certs, enable wifi and it disables the Test kindle again.

B008 v3.4

Last edited by kaito; 05-02-2013 at 01:49 PM.
kaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #735
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito View Post
I have installed the certificates on my k3wifi and KUAL works. I do a full reboot and it still works, but as soon as I enable Wifi I get a message saying Test Kindle installation is disabled and "device is not registered as a Test Kindle" message appears every time I try to run KUAL. My k3w is not registered to any account on amazon ("Registered User: (blank)") and I don't want to do that. What can I do? Is that the reason it keeps failing when wifi is enabled? I re-install the certs, enable wifi and it disables the Test kindle again.

B008 v3.4
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified